Houston Sucks

burger908

California Rocks. I bet you guys wish you could be like us, but it's not going to happen. Houston is boring and the food is horrible. Don't even get me started about yalls homeless population. When I arrived there, I though I was at a homeless shelter. BWHAHAHAHHAH!

California Rocks. I bet you guys wish you could be like us, but it's not going to happen. Houston is boring and the food is horrible. Don't even get me started about yalls homeless population. When I arrived there, I though I was at a homeless shelter. BWHAHAHAHHAH!

LOLOL...yeah califor NI A has no homeless :rolleyes: we feed our homeless microwaved tortillas just like the californians eat at all the posh restaurants.

California.......The land of fruits and nuts. Welcome to the forum Trollburger.

However, I am glad you have pointed out that it takes the WHOLE state of California to compare to our fair city of Houston. That is what truly ROCKS !

California rocks? Well, I've been to San Fran... love it there... but L.A... possibly the MOST overrated city I have ever been to... what a dissipointment... was so happy to get back to Houston.

Interesting, all the folks I know from LA who come to Houston rave about how much better the food is here, with more restaurants, shorter lines, and a bigger selection. They also comment favorably on the lack of pretentious jerks running and patronizing the restaurants.

There are some beautiful parts of Cali, along the coast is pretty nice...but the people are very different from here though...I wouldn't trade my lifestyle I have in Houston for one in L.A. I live in a palace compared to the equivalent shack i could get for the money. Cali is home to 50 year mortgages and Nancy Pelosi.

There are some beautiful parts of Cali, along the coast is pretty nice...but the people are very different from here though...I wouldn't trade my lifestyle I have in Houston for one in L.A. I live in a palace compared to the equivalent shack i could get for the money. Cali is home to 50 year mortgages and Nancy Pelosi.

Texas is no Shangri La, but it is a higher quality of life (generally) for far less money than you can find in comparable large cities.

Sure we've got no quality mass transit, but we've also got relatively low taxes, no state income tax, a huge housing market that you can actually afford on a modest salary, and access to world-class facilities (travel, arts/cultural, business, sports) ... combine that with a giant melting-pot effect, and Houston has a LOT going for it.

I like to live in different cities and have lived in 4 major cities outside of Houston, but in looking at my 'next' city, it is going to be hard to find a place that compares to (and is actually liveable on a middle-class salary) Houston.

Because of the preditory lending and over inflation of property values, everyone in California will be homeless soon.

Because of the preditory lending and over inflation of property values, everyone in California will be homeless soon.

You beat me to this, along with the statement about earthquakes. You can also add wild fires primarily due to lack of rain and huge problem with water going forward due to reliable, consistent in-state source of water. When it rains you can also mud slides due to nice scenic mountains and other terrain prone to easy movement. I guess this all makes you appreciate the plentitude of rain and lack of mountains here.

Hey we got problems but the fools throwing cheap shots needs to pull theirs out of somewhere sometimes and realize that they also have huge problems. They can only fight for and steal other state's water for so long.

^^^ I think he was talking about the OP, Macbro.

And I think the OP is right.

California does rock (especially during earthquakes).

And Houston does suck (in a lot of residents from California).

Hey, when you're right, you're right.

:lol::lol::lol:

• The title was changed to Houston Sucks

Archived