M Square: Mixed-Use Development At 3200 Post Oak Blvd.

editor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BigBlueContractor said:

It still could change again. The renderings show still density, but not as large of buildings. I would also state that it looks less "plain"  than the rendering from ZCA. The right group is leading the project, it will be better than the lot that is vacant!

You have seen updated renderings?

• 3 months later...

No updated renderings available. ZCA to my understanding is no longer involved, a international boutique architect has been selected. 

The red box on the map, might be one of the partners that were in discussions early on. They were planning on handing off the "apartment" component to a builder/developer combo. I would suspect that this will go, but with the news of practice facility relocation, etc. the rest of the space could be a ways out.

• Like 1

^^^ @BigBlueContractor  props for the information my pal.  however, what exactly is this news of "practice facility relocation" (what does this mean?) is bob mcnair deciding to relocate his team's practice facility and finally get them out of that hideous and ridiculous air-inflated bubble off of main and kirby?  also, what does this practice facility have to do with this new and prospective development on post oak?  

Yes. That inflatable bubble has to go. 

Have you seen what Jerry did in Dallas, or what was done in Denver? This has some justification of why Mcnair is looking to relocate and create partnership "permanent" facility - not a inflatable balloon. 

This development being most likely a destination for a "Texans Headquarters" in post oak, would also put the practice facility location into question. Truly, the model that just happened in Dallas is one that other owners across the NFL may look at as the best way to earn extra revenue, but also provide world class facilities to their team, i.e. not a big bubble.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigBlueContractor said:

Yes. That inflatable bubble has to go. 

Have you seen what Jerry did in Dallas, or what was done in Denver? This has some justification of why Mcnair is looking to relocate and create partnership "permanent" facility - not a inflatable balloon. 

This development being most likely a destination for a "Texans Headquarters" in post oak, would also put the practice facility location into question. Truly, the model that just happened in Dallas is one that other owners across the NFL may look at as the best way to earn extra revenue, but also provide world class facilities to their team, i.e. not a big bubble.

^^^ aaaaahhhh excellent!  yes, of course i am acutely aware of just what jerry jones has just completed within the dallas metroplex area.  THE STAR is simply a brilliant concept / model for all NFL owners to aspire to.  however, i really doubt that bob mcnair harbors such lofty and magnificent aspirations.  the man just does not think as big, and he takes forever to get things done.  JERRY JONES thinks like an old guard TEXAN.  PERIOD!  mcnair is from south carolina where they like to take things much slower all the way to a snails pace.  nonetheless, i am very happy if this is what he is now trying to accomplish as per his football team.  POST OAK BLVD would indeed be a magnificent district to construct a new and state of the art HOUSTON TEXANS HEADQUARTERS.  i simply cannot imagine a better place within the city of houston.  however, it shall take him years and years to get this accomplished.  forgive me, but one can only hope and pray that he can see it come to fruition.....

On 11/7/2016 at 3:38 PM, BigBlueContractor said:

No updated renderings available. ZCA to my understanding is no longer involved, a international boutique architect has been selected. 

The red box on the map, might be one of the partners that were in discussions early on. They were planning on handing off the "apartment" component to a builder/developer combo. I would suspect that this will go, but with the news of practice facility relocation, etc. the rest of the space could be a ways out.

Where did you see this news of a practice facility relocation?

• Like 1

On 11/10/2016 at 0:26 PM, Houston19514 said:

Where did you see this news of a practice facility relocation?

Good connections. I can say it is very hush hush - by the time we publicly hear about it, it will be halfway built. 

Time will tell if it does happen - I side with Monarch. It is is a lot of talk and little action, it has been discussed for about 2-3 years now and nothing to show. 

I will believe it when I see it. 

This possibility is very exciting.

However, there is no way this site would be the location for a Texans practice facility/HQ/mixed use development.

A football field by itself is over 1.1 acres. This site is 6 acres. If there weren't any attached facilities, the practice field would take up 1/5th of the site (assuming the building dimensions are the same size as the field).

And to compare a similar development concept, The Star in Frisco cowboys practice facility/HQ/mixed use development is 91 acres..

I'm not doubting the legitimacy of these rumors, I'm just saying this site couldn't fit such a development. Maybe they are in talks with the owners of the portion of the Astroworld site that doesn't belong to the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo? Otherwise, I wonder if they would look towards the suburbs for such a development?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BigBlueContractor said:

Good connections. I can say it is very hush hush - by the time we publicly hear about it, it will be halfway built. 

Time will tell if it does happen - I side with Monarch. It is is a lot of talk and little action, it has been discussed for about 2-3 years now and nothing to show. 

I will believe it when I see it. 

It's sounding more like a rumor than news.  ;-)

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, cloud713 said:

However, there is no way this site would be the location for a Texans practice facility/HQ/mixed use development.

A football field by itself is over 1.1 acres. This site is 6 acres. If there weren't any attached facilities, the practice field would take up 1/5th of the site (assuming the building dimensions are the same size as the field).

And to compare a similar development concept, The Star in Frisco cowboys practice facility/HQ/mixed use development is 91 acres..

And, a Texans practice facility will almost certainly have at least two football fields and likely more (Their current facility appears to have four, three outdoor and one indoor.)  So they would be effectively taking 1/2 or more of the available space just for football fields. 

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 3

On 11/16/2016 at 1:01 PM, cloud713 said:

I'm not doubting the legitimacy of these rumors, I'm just saying this site couldn't fit such a development. Maybe they are in talks with the owners of the portion of the Astroworld site that doesn't belong to the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo? Otherwise, I wonder if they would look towards the suburbs for such a development?

Never said the practice facility was going to this location, I stated a Mixed-Use that includes Texan's offices would be included. The practice facility would be elsewhere - there are two options with a mass amount of acerage.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BigBlueContractor said:

Never said the practice facility was going to this location, I stated a Mixed-Use that includes Texan's offices would be included. The practice facility would be elsewhere - there are two options with a mass amount of acerage.

Can you say where the two options are?  I wouldn't be a fan of them moving out to the suburbs.  Why not build where their practice facility is currently? 

• Like 2