M Square: Mixed-Use Development At 3200 Post Oak Blvd.

editor

But as for Titan, the website is still there so perhaps Titan is still a project that will come later? Not sure

:lol:  :lol:

Anyway, I wonder who the anonymous buyer is. :ph34r:  That makes it all too interesting... 

• Like 1

interesting.. this site would of made for the ultimate location for a mixed use development had the University Line been built down Richmond past Afton Oaks.

should we expect another tower? idk that i would want a supertall at this location/so close to william, but i definitely would rather see a high-rise than a low/midrise apartment complex.

• Like 1

The searchable online real property records have only been updated through June 20. Additionally, I have always been puzzled by the use of "sale" in press announcements. Generally, I understand a "sale" to occur when the sales contract is signed, even though the property will not actually be transferred until closing some period later (for residential homes, usually after an option period and a period to obtain financing for the buyer/borrower). I suspect these "sales" are actually closings where the property is transferred, and the signing of the sales contract would be kept quiet in the event the buyer exercises an option, assuming one exists, to terminate the contract.

I'd be curious if anyone had insight into the general practice for large commercial transactions. Is the "sale" announced at the execution of the contract or is it announced at closing when the warranty deed transferring the property is signed.

• Like 1

According to the Harris County Real Property Records, this property was conveyed from Deyaar to a "Palmetto RPO, LP" by Warranty Deed filed for record on June 11, 2014. It appears that Palmetto RPO,LP lists a "Palmetto RPO GP, LLC" as the general partner and gives the address of this general partner as being 109 N. Post Oak Ln, Suite 600, Houston, TX 77024--the same address as the McNair Foundation.

Good call on Bob McNair, H-Town Man. Now, if we can just figure out what they might want the land for.

Edited by houstontexasjack
  • Like 4

• 1 year later...

If this is the huge parcel that stretches from Sage to Post Oak (north of Richmond), I assume that's the Mark we're looking at in the very right of the rendering? Looks more like the Dominion, but either way, cool looking project. And ANYTHING to cover up the Mercer is a total win in my books.

• Like 3

Urby, how did we conclude this is Mcnair, because of NRG on the big screen? I quickly browsed through the entire thread and didn't see any mention. I wouldn't be surprised. He had cancer a few years ago. With this and his TMC endeavors, he may be trying to leave his mark on the city.

And for the record everyone, this site originally was planned to have an 80+ tower. :) Go reread the first few pages of this thread.

• Like 1

Urby, how did we conclude this is Mcnair, because of NRG on the big screen? I quickly browsed through the entire thread and didn't see any mention. I wouldn't be surprised. He had cancer a few years ago. With this and his TMC endeavors, he may be trying to leave his mark on the city.

And for the record everyone, this site originally was planned to have an 80+ tower. :) Go reread the first few pages of this thread.

I saw Dominion Post Oak in the background, but this officially gave it away as the location:

http://zieglercooper.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/McNair-dusk-rendering_hotel-crop-940x626.jpg

McNair within the link. An article from 7/2014 mentions McNair as the buyer of the site.

UPDATE:An entity affiliated with Houston Texans owner Bob McNair is the buyer. Property records show the new owner as Palmetto RPO LP, which is located at the same address as the Robert and Janice McNair Foundation. In addition to the Texans, Bob McNair is the owner of Palmetto Parnters Ltd., a private investment company that manages the family’s public and private equity investments.

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/2014/06/galleria-area-development-site-trades-hand/

• Like 1

I saw Dominion Post Oak in the background, but this officially gave it away as the location:

http://zieglercooper.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/McNair-dusk-rendering_hotel-crop-940x626.jpg

McNair within the link. An article from 7/2014 mentions McNair as the buyer of the site.

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/2014/06/galleria-area-development-site-trades-hand/

Excellent work detective!

EDIT: What do y'all think about McCue road that splits this property. Does it look like this entire thing could fit on the eastern half? It certainly doesn't look like it would take up both sides. 

Edited by lockmat

Man, this one looks great! I'm looking at mainly office, correct?

That being said, I don't see this one getting built anytime soon especially after I read the internal CBRE report yesterday on Houston. Although Houston is still doing good in other parts of the market (we see apartment fundamentals beginning to soften), office is doing incredibly bad right now. Sublease space spiked to 7.1 million sq. ft, a year over year increase of a mind-blowing 95%!! We are seeing a 20-year high in oil/gas mergers and acquisition activity, a sign of a distressed market. As we see with the tenant announcement of 609 Main yesterday, it will most likely have to be companies that are not oil related to lease these towers. Houston's best bets right now are condo, hotel, multi-family and retail.... definitely not office.

• Like 1

OMG! I can't take it. This and the Perennial need to get built! Do you all realize what type of impacts these development are going to have on an already impressive skyline??!!

Completely agree. These are some really nice developments, Perennial included.

• Like 1

Agreed. Houston is now about caught up to where it should be with office. However, with Houston's heavy international traffic and transformation of its convention district/business, condo, hotel, multi-family and retail will continue to be winners...especially luxury retail, which is off the charts. And we're all awaiting the drum roll announcement of several luxury hotels in the works. Not all that we wanted, but not bad progress at all, especially during a slowdown.

Let me just clarify my point though. Those are indeed Houston's best bets but I am not saying Houston is doing great at all. The area that is more interesting is downstream in the oil market... there is $50 billion in capital improvements planned or underway. ....We're talking about projects that an architecture forum won't be talking much about.

• 5 months later...
On 5/28/2016 at 11:29 PM, shasta said:

I don't have any pictures but there were trucks and equipment all over the site. Looks as if they were doing soil test and early prep work but something was definitely happening there today!

Any activity today?