M Square: Mixed-Use Development At 3200 Post Oak Blvd.

editor

small update

main tower 89 floors

secondary tower attached 52 floors

HBJ rendering is the current building

all subject to change of course

Engons,

The 'HBJ rendering is the current building' part is the part that is confusing me. Is the rendering you speak of different than this photo? http://cll.bizjournals.com/story_image/110451-400-0-1.jpg or do you mean that the rendering here is just a smaller version of what they are planning to build in uptown? The photo is not of any building in the 90 floor range at all, unless each floor in that rendering has a loft and is really 2 floors - which sounds a little weird.

Anyway, thanks for the tease.

Edited by Mister X

You guys place too much stock in those renderings. They are only to show the overall concept of the design, many times they are not specific as to how many floors the building has. The floor count on any major building can change from week to week depending on costs. you most likely won't get an accurate floor count from any rendering.

I seriously doubt this building will get built at that height. 120 floors total between two buildings in the Galleria area. The place cannot support the level of traffic nor the pedestrian traffic. If there isn't any regulations in place there should be, this building doesn't make any sense outside of downtown.

Another fallic symbol to feed the ego of some developer.

I seriously doubt this building will get built at that height. 120 floors total between two buildings in the Galleria area. The place cannot support the level of traffic nor the pedestrian traffic. If there isn't any regulations in place there should be, this building doesn't make any sense outside of downtown.

Another fallic symbol to feed the ego of some developer.

The City and METRO are focusing their efforts (and some serious money) on upgrading Post Oak Blvd. This is to accomodate the LRT, but also to make it easier for pedestrians to reach the stations and to minimize the adverse impacts on traffic congestion. This would actually be the perfect time to initiate some big deals in Uptown...they wouldn't even be occupied until all the improvements are made.

Heading North on 610 is already an awesome sight. Especially once you go up over the bridge that crosses 59. Can you imagine the sight if this is a go and in the coming years of seeing Transco (will never be able to call it Williams), Deyaar, and the Ritz of Blvd Place?!?

Edited by maceo9903

Heading North on 610 is already an awesome sight. Especially once you go up over the bridge that crosses 59. Can you imagine the sight if this is a go and in the coming years of seeing Transco (will never be able to call it Williams), Deyaar, and the Ritz of Blvd Place?!?

and the W just across the freeway B)

Are you serious? Look at what I quoted.

You're right, my mistake. I'm gonna disagree with that however - unless we're limiting this to only people traveling from the southwest on US59 south, northbound.

FWIW... This is starting to look a lot like the Shamrock thread. And we all know how that ended.

Edited by Jeebus

You're right, my mistake. I'm gonna disagree with that however - unless we're limiting this to only people traveling from the southwest on US59 south, northbound.

FWIW... This is starting to look a lot like the Shamrock thread. And we all know how that ended.

i'll remind my guests who travel in from i-10 and 610 that they're wrong.

:rolleyes:

i'll remind my guests who travel in from i-10 and 610 that they're wrong.

:rolleyes:

Hell, I've had people that thought the medical center was "downtown". I've had to correct quite a few people on that one as well.

I kinda' wonder what people think downtown was when they pass it by.

Hell, I've had people that thought the medical center was "downtown". I've had to correct quite a few people on that one as well.

The converse happens too. This one lady was wondering when she was going to be in the city, when she was already in the city. She said most of Houston looks like "countryside."

This was exactly my point.

out of towners will be confusing it for downtown

:lol: They already do!! Well, fellow H-towners. i have put in for a transfer BACK to my beloved Houston. LA was good for what i need it for, but it is time to come back home, AND all the development around town is just the homecoming i need. i will know in about a month if my request was granted. Wish me luck!

m. B)