M Square: Mixed-Use Development At 3200 Post Oak Blvd.

editor

Does anyone know who owns the land under 24 hr....and what's supposed to be going on there?

It is owned by TIAA-CREF and they are planning to build another office tower for the Four Oaks Development. BTW, there is also an offer building planned on the site of Willie G's across the street.

It is owned by TIAA-CREF and they are planning to build another office tower for the Four Oaks Development. BTW, there is also an offer building planned on the site of Willie G's across the street.

i hear the willie g's deal is off.

Edited by swtsig
  • Like 1

Must be a direct result of the SAVE THE BEACON campaign.

You know, I was having having a talk about this with a friend and he started laughing when I told him about the new building and says the following:

"Can you imagine being some poor putz working late at night and having to suddenly have to deal with your office lit up like the sun every 30 seconds or so?"

We both laughed so hard we cried.

You know, I was having having a talk about this with a friend and he started laughing when I told him about the new building and says the following:

"Can you imagine being some poor putz working late at night and having to suddenly have to deal with your office lit up like the sun every 30 seconds or so?"

Could be worse I suppose. It could be a Kenny Roger's Roasters sign.

Really? It doesn't seem all that funny.

Well Transco is 64 stories and 901'. So probably in the mid 800 footer range I'd imagine.

A 60 story project is probably more realistic and still gives everyone plenty of reasons to get excited. Between this, Turnberry, BLVD Place, etc., that's a lot of cranes in Uptowns future!

You must have a boring life if you think that's funny.

:D

If you notice the Transco beacon, it points up at an angle. It would probably take a 100+ story building to be in the path of that light, given that the Deyaar land is a little ways down Post Oak from Transco

Really? It always looked to me like it points fairly straight out... must be just a slight angle.

I think that if a building was built close enough and high enough that it was being hit by the rotating Williams Tower beacon, they would probably just turn the beacon off.... maybe put a beacon on the higher building.

Really? It always looked to me like it points fairly straight out... must be just a slight angle.

I think that if a building was built close enough and high enough that it was being hit by the rotating Williams Tower beacon, they would probably just turn the beacon off.... maybe put a beacon on the higher building.

I can see the beacon from my roof-top deck, and it points up at a decent angle. I noticed it last night as I was watching the fireworks over uptown. Might even require more like 120 stories to be hit, given the fact that the Deyaar building would be along Richmond

I can see the beacon from my roof-top deck, and it points up at a decent angle. I noticed it last night as I was watching the fireworks over uptown. Might even require more like 120 stories to be hit, given the fact that the Deyaar building would be along Richmond

Interesting... never really noticed that. I own a condo in the Med Center / Reliant Stadium area... my balcony (3rd floor) faced towards the Williams Tower (really good view) and I use to love just watching the beam streak across the sky at night when I lived there... especially during the winter when the air was dry and crisp.

I hear this project is definately moving forward but has been scaled down to 60 stories and Morris Architects is working the project.

60 stories? I will believe it when I see it. I dont know why there is conversation about a building blocking the path of Transco's strobe light. Do you honestly think Houston will build something tall enough to block the path of the light.

A 60 story project is probably more realistic and still gives everyone plenty of reasons to get excited. Between this, Turnberry, BLVD Place, etc., that's a lot of cranes in Uptowns future!

I bet it is lowered to 40-45 storys when the design is finalized.

Typical "Houston hype".

We never get anything substanstial anymore. <_< *pouts*

I bet it is lowered to 40-45 storys when the design is finalized.

Typical "Houston hype".

We never get anything substanstial anymore. <_< *pouts*

for the amount they threw down for that chunk of land i will be very surprised if it ends up that short... besides, everyone figured that the ritz - which was originally announced in the 60-story range - would end up closer to 35-40. instead, it's coming in (supposedly) at a lofty 53-stories.

• 4 weeks later...
Surely the February HBJ rendering isn't what they plan on going with there. That rendering is Deyaar's Burlington at Business Bay project in Dubai. Would they just copy another project and plop it in Houston?

ahh, the rendering explains my "attached" question.

also, the rendering shows what looks to be a building of about 40 floors. If correct, this would be twice that? wow. And if it is just a copy of the dubai one, the only people who will notice are architects and maybe business travelers who frequent both cities. But I guess that would be a bit dissapointing.

Burlington at Business Bay project in Dubai: http://www.deyaar.ae/html/project.aspx?pid=10

Edited by lockmat