M Square: Mixed-Use Development At 3200 Post Oak Blvd.

editor

2 hours ago, Sellanious Caesar said:

Not odd at all. I think of it as a chance for Uptown to plug in the holes in its linear skyline. There's a gap between Williams Tower and US59 where those skinny beige stucco condo towers are. This will fill in that gap and because the site is basically just a field, this will densify Uptown. 

I meant odd in a good way as Williams has stood tall and proud, yet alone for 30+ years. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Montrose1100 said:

Projects like this barely saw the light of day during the last oil boom. What gives now? Am I out of the loop? I mean, I technically live out of the loop.

wasnt the last wave the first time that more urban type projects were widely built? 

So maybe now there is more confidence they’ll succeed in Houston?

i don’t know, just throwing something out there.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

This will gain the title as the tallest mixed-use building in Texas, but I don't think it will be taller than The Independent. 58 floors/683 feet vs 50 (at least that's what I'm getting when I count), the Austin high-rise is all condos standing on a parking podium, while ours has hotel levels mixed in, which are usually shorter. 

I glanced at the Chronicle this morning and it stated 51 stories, so you were close.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Elseed said:

Sucks that this development is not gonna be in Downtown or Midtown...

Its not that big of a deal. Lets share the growth.

I personally wish that everything had been built in downtown.  Think how our skyline would compare.

Just imagine all of those buildings in Uptown, the energy corridor, Greenway Plaza, Greenspoint and Memorial City,

all combined in downtown. Now that would have been something.

Midtown would be full all the way to the Med center.

But since we have developed this way it's nice that all of the areas  of commerce continue to grow.

Many times a development like the Uptown Galleria would have stymied a downtown, but Houston is 

strong enough to keep this hub and spoke development  that has grown out of the original freeway growth going at least for the foreseeable future.

• Like 5

In the end, this is the part of town where these ultra high-end mixed-use work best. It is where the ultra rich live. I don't mind the location. He will be happy that it isn't far from the fountain wall and the Galleria. It gets better views from 610 and 59 compared to BLVD location. It becomes a focal point in that location. I am just happy to see this level of investment. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TexasGeneral said:

This is a beautiful building, but I question the location. Seems like this would be better suited as part of ROD Phase II. Or an extension of BLVD Place. Riskier move IMO to be that far south. 

I think it has to do alot with the redevelopment and transformation of Post Oak Blvd which runs from Richmond to 610 so this is the beginning (or the end) of the new "grand blvd"...so it makes sense to me! In the long run it will help make this whole project cohesive.

• Like 2

On 6/4/2018 at 9:38 AM, thatguysly said:

2000x2000.jpg

It wasn't originally as obvious, but I noticed in the image on the Rosewood website that Naviguessor linked that the hotel+condo tower seems to have trees/vegetation at the top.. I assume the pool/amenity deck for the condo portion of the tower. That rooftop terrace would have quite the views.

Edited by cloud713
  • Like 7

On 6/4/2018 at 7:00 PM, Sellanious Caesar said:

Not odd at all. I think of it as a chance for Uptown to plug in the holes in its linear skyline. There's a gap between Williams Tower and US59 where those skinny beige stucco condo towers are. This will fill in that gap and because the site is basically just a field, this will densify Uptown. 

1TpEeUi.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

McNair, a long-term-hold investor that earlier this month announced a 1.2M SF mixed-use project in Uptown Houston, began picking up its real estate activity about six years ago by investing pretty passively, but now it is actively building and acquiring properties across sectors and in both infill and suburban areas. Real estate could grow to become up to 25% of McNair’s investment portfolio, Schwinger said, but for now the platform is young, and he likes the diversity of investments as it figures itself out. 

McNair plans a multifamily tower plus 80 luxury residences in a 150-room Rosewood Hotel in the unnamed 1.2M SF Uptown Houston mixed-use project. That development will take the lion’s share of McNair’s resources for some time, Schwinger said, but when it has cleared the pipeline, he expects the company might do other high-profile mixed-use. McNair will announce a general contractor, interior designer and brokerage team in the coming months. Schwinger is already getting a lot of calls for the office space even though it won’t deliver for another five years.

Read more at: https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/mixed-use/the-expanding-real-estate-focus-of-houston-texans-owner-bob-mcnair-89557?utm_source=CopyShare&utm_medium=Browser
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, wxman said:

When is this expected to break ground again? Is there a floor count for this project?

ground breaking sometime next year with delivery in 2023 and i think it's 50 plus stories...a nice addition to the southside of the Galleria area.

• Like 1