Home At 9030 Sandringham Dr.

Willowisp

Ben H (not Koush) and I had a great time yesterday driving around the Memorial villages yesterday. He had told me he thought the Lloyd Bentsen house at 9030 Sandringham was no longer there and I said he must be wrong because I had just been by there. Well, he was right. It was shocking to drive to a place where last month stood a beautiful house to see a completely demolished site. Ben will probably post a picture of the "after".

Last month when I was there, here is the picture I took. It's the last picture of the house unless someone else took some after me. I will have to put it in the "mods no more" category on the website now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v729/clockwatchers/DSC00463.jpg

Ben will probably post a picture of the "after".

Let's post a picture of the house that eventually takes its place, too.

Maybe the home had major issues and couldn't be saved easily. But since it did have historical value, it's a shame it's gone. Thanks for posting.

Ben H (not Koush) and I had a great time yesterday driving around the Memorial villages yesterday. He had told me he thought the Lloyd Bentsen house at 9030 Sandringham was no longer there and I said he must be wrong because I had just been by there. Well, he was right. It was shocking to drive to a place where last month stood a beautiful house to see a completely demolished site. Ben will probably post a picture of the "after".

Last month when I was there, here is the picture I took. It's the last picture of the house unless someone else took some after me. I will have to put it in the "mods no more" category on the website now.

bummer... :(

• 9 months later...

I was not aware of this demolition. I've been out of the loop on the topic lately due to work and travel, but this one really upsets me. Quite honestly, I would have thought this house was worth a $million more than it was. Who was the architect? My guide is missing...

I was not aware of this demolition. I've been out of the loop on the topic lately due to work and travel, but this one really upsets me. Quite honestly, I would have thought this house was worth a $million more than it was. Who was the architect? My guide is missing...

It wasn't in the guide. It was designed by Kenneth Bentsen. It's on Houston Mod in the "Mods No More" section.

The last time I saw it, I thought the gate just happened to be open on accident. I snapped a quick picture and left. One or two weeks later BenH called me and told me the news that it was demolished. I wished I had gone up to the door and figured out it was empty. I would have at least walked around the outside taking shots. If it was in bad shape inside, there was no evidence of that from the outside. Usually a house looks run down from the outside as well. I'm afraid it's just a case of someone wanting the land and not knowing or caring how important the house was. I don't guess the new house has sold yet, but when it does, I bet it will be in the 4 million range.

I have a good vintage picture of the back of it on my computer somewhere. I'll try to get it on photobucket.

Jason

That house was beautiful from the outside, it is a shame to see it go. Let's hope it was only demoed because it was beyond repair.

The last time I saw it, I thought the gate just happened to be open on accident. I snapped a quick picture and left. One or two weeks later BenH called me and told me the news that it was demolished. I wished I had gone up to the door and figured out it was empty. I would have at least walked around the outside taking shots. If it was in bad shape inside, there was no evidence of that from the outside. Usually a house looks run down from the outside as well. I'm afraid it's just a case of someone wanting the land and not knowing or caring how important the house was. I don't guess the new house has sold yet, but when it does, I bet it will be in the 4 million range.

I have a good vintage picture of the back of it on my computer somewhere. I'll try to get it on photobucket.

Jason

I've been keeping an eye on the land. Construction has begun, but it's probably a mud hole at this point.

• 5 months later...
  • 12 years later...

Drove around to see houses and the house that is now on 9030 Sandringham is a huge modern looking house.  The house is on the market for $19,950,000. Many times these new owners don’t know the beautiful properties they knock down to build these huge homes.  9015 Sandringham has also been replaced with a new house they have security guards there 24/7 so didn’t get to snap any pics.

9030 Sandringham:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/9030-Sandringham-Dr-Houston-TX-77024/27886710_zpid/

• The title was changed to Home At 9030 Sandringham Dr.

Archived