Six Houston Center At 800 Caroline St.

UrbaNerd

Ok, that explains the stage looking thing that's on the site right now. I was wondering how that stage thing was going to fit into the construction plans. I can see the site from my office, so I look forward to watching the progress. Actually from where I'm at in One Houston Center, I have a birds-eye view of the construction at One Park Place, MainPlace and 6 Houston Center (and soon to be the LaQuinta, Embassy Suites and the parking garage of Discovery Tower...can't see Discovery Tower due to the Fulbright tower being in the way)! Quite entertaining.

Is there anything special with 6 Houston Center? I've heard 10 floors parking, 19 floors office, and that they're going for some kind of LEED certification, but I haven't really heard any distinguishing features of the building (like Discovery Tower's windmills or MainPlace's terrace). Is it just going to be a boring box? Why would any tenant choose the box over the more interesting MainPlace or Discovery Tower?

Is there anything special with 6 Houston Center? I've heard 10 floors parking, 19 floors office, and that they're going for some kind of LEED certification, but I haven't really heard any distinguishing features of the building

I don't think there are any. It might be the least ambitious skyscraper ever built downtown.

6 Houston Center's soiree/preview was this afternoon and here are a few shots I took.

DSC02749.jpg

DSC02750.jpg

DSC02751.jpg

Debbie Wilson, VP of Leasing in Houston Center who announced the building's amenities.

DSC02754.jpg

To open on...

DSC02755.jpg

The website for the property also went active today and is still being fleshed out. www.6houstoncenter.com

Renderings from the site

pg1.jpg

hppics.jpg

I am completely shocked no one has posted this photo yet... it contains several proposed projects we didn't know about in downtown including more residential spots and a better idea of where the convention hotel will be.

(It's on the 6houstoncenter.com website)

pg57hl3.jpg

Any guesses on height. I'm no expert but judging by the number of floors and that "crown", is 450' a close-enough rough guesstimate?

Also, I guess this can now go into our Google-Earth HAIF edition, right? I think the tower is along Caroline.

Edited by GovernorAggie

I am completely shocked no one has posted this photo yet... it contains several proposed projects we didn't know about in downtown including more residential spots and a better idea of where the convention hotel will be.

(It's on the 6houstoncenter.com website)

pg57hl3.jpg

My browser isn't showing me the picture. Is it the one in the brochure labeled as 'area amenities' and it's a map? I see a proposed residential between Fannin and San Jacinto, a hotel between La Branch and Crawford and the proposed convention hotel we already knew about.

Is that the one? If not, could you paste the link?

edit: there are already buildings where the proposed residential is listed= http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=U...mp;t=h&z=19

Edited by lockmat

Thanks for the photos.

But eh, it is what it is. Looks too much like the one next to Discovery. Is that 5Houston Center?

And how does it go to glowing to pitch black at night? haha

It's in uh... Stealth Mode. It does that to save energy from the electromagnetic waves it absorbs. Pretty high tech stuff really.