Six Houston Center At 800 Caroline St.

UrbaNerd

The massing of the top floors seems off, like the garden recess should have been a couple of floors lower in relation to the rest of the building (BG Group Place did this better). I'm guessing they don't plan on putting any office space above the recessed area, and that is why they couldn't make the top thicker, but it seems flimsy. Also don't like how the "tongue" projects out of the facade, although maybe it will have a transparent floor there like the Sears Tower and people can walk out and get goosebumps over the thirty floor drop.

It's still a pleasant building overall, but it would really be a shame if it diminishes the chances of any of the others being built.

• Like 3

Emporis says it will rise up to 405' ft. Is this correct?

http://www.emporis.com/building/6houstoncenter-houston-tx-usa

It's an estimate based on the relevant data. Once enough data fields are filled out, the number is generated.

Not sure of what the actual figure is, but I don't think it's too far off.

Edited by ChannelTwoNews
  • Like 1

It's an estimate based on the relevant data. Once enough data fields are filled out, the number is generated.

Not sure of what the actual figure is, but I don't think it's too far off.

Any word on the total construction cost for this one?

• 4 weeks later...

Dudes!!

We are getting both! So no worries...

Do we get shanksa tower???

just trying to bump this... HBJ reported a 12% increase in vacancy rates in Houston. Is there any doubt for HC6 going up or can anyone confirm the full intention here?

The way this was reported, it sounded like a sure thing to happen this summer.

just trying to bump this... HBJ reported a 12% increase in vacancy rates in Houston. Is there any doubt for HC6 going up or can anyone confirm the full intention here?

The way this was reported, it sounded like a sure thing to happen this summer.

There is plenty of reason to question the reality of 6HC starting construction this summer (see, for example, the "ground-breaking" for the previous version of 6HC some years ago).

BUT, I don't think the HBJ reported a 12% increase in vacancy rates in Houston.  If they did, they got it wrong.  Given the state of Houston reporting, it wouldn't be all that shocking of a local paper got something that wrongm but here is what I find reported in the HBH:  According to CBRE, as reported in the HBJ, the overall market vacancy rate indeed increased very slightly, from 11.8% at the end of 2013 to 11.9% at the end of the 1st quarter 2014.  (That is roughly an 8/10ths of one percent increase in the vacancy rate.)

Edited by Houston19514

There is plenty of reason to question the reality of 6HC starting construction this summer (see, for example, the "ground-breaking" for the previous version of 6HC some years ago).

BUT, I don't think the HBJ reported a 12% increase in vacancy rates in Houston.  If they did, they got it wrong.  Given the state of Houston reporting, it wouldn't be all that shocking of a local paper got something that wrongm but here is what I find reported in the HBH:  According to CBRE, as reported in the HBJ, the overall market vacancy rate indeed increased very slightly, from 11.8% at the end of 2013 to 11.9% at the end of the 1st quarter 2014.  (That is roughly an 8/10ths of one percent increase in the vacancy rate.)

Got it. Thanks for clearing that up - I guess i read it wrong.

Office vacancy rates increased by .1 percent from the fourth quarter of 2013 at 11.8 percent  to the first quarter of 2014, which was at 11.9 percent, according to a national report released March 27 by Los Angeles-based CBRE Group Inc. (NYSE: CBG). However, demand for key submarkets and trophy assets is still hot.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/blog/breaking-ground/2014/03/rent-vacancy-up-for-houston-s-offices.html

• 2 weeks later...