Six Houston Center At 800 Caroline St.

UrbaNerd

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like the design... 30 story is floor count. Any ground retail?

Breaks ground this summer... So we will have Hines / Houston 6 starting this summer / Hilcorp. I wonder if International / Capital tower get built? My sense is Shanksa's Capital Tower is the next tower to be anounced officially (this year).

Projects that will have to wait... Chevron (to be official next year), 5 Allen, International Tower, and the East Downtown tower.

Edited by Avossos

Umm this is great and all but who the hell is going to rent space in these buildings? Combine that with a few buildings being renovated and yeahhh.

They got people working on it.  The way I see it, if now is not a good time to build in this town, when the market has been really good compared to other places, then no time is ever good enough and you might as well just walk away from this and any other project.  I love the design by the way, looks great. 

Unreal whats gone up around Disco Green since its inception.

Its not just Disco Green. Projects a lining up all around the Rusk/Capitol corrider and I think its becuase of the rail lines.

6 Houston Center, Old Texaco renovation, 609 Main, New Convetion Center Hotel, Hyatt Place/Homestead dual hotel, Trammel Crow reisdental high rise, HSPVA, Nau Center ....its clear, the Rusk/Capitol corrdor is the new Downtown hotspot.

Edited by tigereye
  • Like 1

Its not just Disco Green. Projects a lining up all around the Rusk/Capitol corrider and I think its becuase of the rail lines.

6 Houston Center, Old Texaco renovation, 609 Main, New Convetion Center Hotel, Hyatt Place/Homestead dual hotel, Trammel Crow reisdental high rise, HSPVA, Nau Center ....its clear, the Rusk/Capitol corrdor is the new Downtown hotspot.

I think there is a lot of synergy going on in this area - rail, DG, all three stadiums, greenstreet, convention center, possible lower land prices on this side of downtown and all them empty lots with potential opportunity. And let's not forget the incentives for resi.

So funny that this was all posted today. I had that feeling that when information came out that Chrissy Wilson from JLL was working on leasing for Six Houston Center, that she planned on releasing more. Tried contacting her yesterday to see if she could at least release a start date on construction and then sure enough, Chrissy Wilson talks to Nancy Sarnoff for a Houston Chron article about this today.

Annnnyway, this is going to be a great addition to that side of downtown! From potential to planned on the development map.  ;)