Trae

River Oaks District - Retail/Office/Residential project - Westheimer @ Westcreek

^^^ ROD is indeed an absolutely gorgeous place!

Edited by gclass
  • Like 1

Nice looking project but it has definitely shrunk from the original 25 floors. However, I'd rather have this than another box. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, BigFootsSocks said:

BKA11qn.jpg

sup girl wanna check out that rooftop bar

peep the planning commission agenda for deets

More deets on Equinox River Oaks Hotel or Equinox Hotel River Oaks in Houston's River Oaks District.

From Planning Commision Agenda:

Hotel: 250 Keys

Parking: 250 stalls 

PURPOSE    OF    VARIANCE    REQUEST:    1)    To    allow    a    hotel    to    take    primary    access    off    of    Westcreek    Lane,    a    
local    street,    rather    than    adjacent    Westheimer    Road,    which    is    a    major    thoroughfare.    2)To    allow    a    hotel    to    
take    primary    access    from    a    residential    street    (Westcreek    Lane).    

This site is within the Uptown Major Activity Center, which includes such landmarks as the Williams Tower, the Water Wall, and the Galleria. The hotel site is the westernmost part of the recent redevelopment called the River Oaks District. This district has a mixture of retail, office, entertainment and restaurants.  The hotel will have its restaurant and bar on the ground floor and also a bar on the roof.  The hotel will complement the newly existing uses in the district. 

Westcreek was developed shortly after the West Loop opened in the 1960’s as the main access road for an upscale apartment community of garden style buildings with covered parking. Westcreek exists only between Westheimer and San Felipe.In recent years, the apartment buildings have been sold individually or in small groups for redevelopment.  

The properties that have been redeveloped so far are all taller, larger apartments, either mid-rise or high-rise.  This highrise hotel will be an appropriate addition to the immediate area redevelopment. There will be 250 hotel rooms. In recent years, this area has been evolving into an area for high-density mixed-use development. Westcreek only exists between San Felipe and Westheimer and has an undivided 44’ paving section.

yc3NNdr.jpg

J334YJk.jpg

• Like 8

17 hours ago, BigFootsSocks said:

cueiYs0.png

sup girl wanna check out that rooftop bar

peep the planning commission agenda for deets

Wow I like it! Thanks for the post!!! The only thing I wish was different would be the side facing Westheimer...wish they would make that some sort of retail or coffee shop etc instead of a blank wall. 

Edited by gene
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, gene said:

Wow I like it! Thanks for the post!!! The only thing I wish was different would be the side facing Westheimer...wish they would make that some sort of retail or coffee shop etc instead of a blank wall. 

Its a blank wall because the lot that is between this site and westheimer is where phase II of this development will take place which is the apartment building (not exactly a highrise, but taller than a mid-rise). The blank wall makes sense since it will eventually be covered up.

• Like 4

equinox_logo.jpg

1223ul6katcfiu.gif

^^^ although, this particular EQUINOX rendition harbors nowhere near the UBER SPLENDOR of the additions slated for chicago, new york, and los angeles, this particular houston addition is still beautiful, sexy, and shall be infused brilliantly into the ULTRA POSH RIVER OAKS DISTRICT neighborhood.  we have been awaiting these renderings/concepts of the houston addition of EQUINOX for quite some time.  overall, i'm a happy camper.  i cannot wait to view the DUSK renderings... as this edifice shall be gorgeous at evening/night in lieu of this particular neighborhood.  sexy indeed...  

Edited by gclass
  • Like 4

This block of land between 610, Westheimer, San Felipe, and the train tracks is almost unrecognizable from 10 years ago. Amazing development in these past few years.  

• Like 3

23 hours ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

Equinox site prep started

ItZvrE7.jpg

rgGXTs4.jpg

N0ImYWU.jpg

Equinox 2020 will be at 11:50 PM on

Thursday
March 19
All times are in Eastern Time.
  • Like 3