Trae

River Oaks District - Retail/Office/Residential project - Westheimer @ Westcreek

Getting shorter? Gables Westcreek is 15 stories, so about the same height as The Wilshire. The building(s) to the north looks about the same height and the one fronting San Felipe (which is supposed to be an office building), across from Arabella is about 8, which seems right as RD doesn’t want to obstruct his condo views. These building were always in the plans.

The building(s) in-between gables and the office building are likely the two high-rise apartment buildings referenced in this 4 year old article. 

http://www.olivermcmillan.com/buzz/news/286/tall_buildings_to_rise_near_river_oaks_district

Edited by LBC2HTX

1 hour ago, BigFootsSocks said:

And why do they keep getting shorter damnit

So the other towers still have great views of the Galleria?

Nice looking project but it has definitely shrunk from the original 25 floors. However, I'd rather have this than another box. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, BigFootsSocks said:

cueiYs0.png

sup girl wanna check out that rooftop bar

peep the planning commission agenda for deets

Wow I like it! Thanks for the post!!! The only thing I wish was different would be the side facing Westheimer...wish they would make that some sort of retail or coffee shop etc instead of a blank wall. 

Edited by gene
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, gene said:

Wow I like it! Thanks for the post!!! The only thing I wish was different would be the side facing Westheimer...wish they would make that some sort of retail or coffee shop etc instead of a blank wall. 

Its a blank wall because the lot that is between this site and westheimer is where phase II of this development will take place which is the apartment building (not exactly a highrise, but taller than a mid-rise). The blank wall makes sense since it will eventually be covered up.

• Like 4

This block of land between 610, Westheimer, San Felipe, and the train tracks is almost unrecognizable from 10 years ago. Amazing development in these past few years.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Setting a reminder to check HAIF on September 23rd. 👍

He means Equinox as in the first day of autumn...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 6/9/2019 at 2:22 PM, Houston2021 said:

Any updates on the equinox hotel? Has construction started?

A chain link fenced was installed behind the Stages building.

kFu2j2q.jpg

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, LBC2HTX said:

Images of the completed interior of MAD. 

https://www.papercitymag.com/home-design/mad-restaurant-houston-river-oaks-striking-design-rosa-violan/#216511

After much delay, they did not disappoint on the interior.  

Yeah and i LOVE that mural on the outside of the building (shown in that slide show)...drove by there the other day just to see it and it's so awesome!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

ROD is maturing very nicely.  Great additions!  And, while it’s just a stone’s throw away, I am MUCH more inclined to dine at ROD than The Galleria.

Edited by MarathonMan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

Building permit hasn't been posted.

yvjrxmm.png

So this means they just haven’t done anything for 4 months? Odd...

On 6/23/2019 at 7:26 PM, Timoric said:

Would you vote living near this as the best spot in the city to live?

I would definitely put it near the top. I live near the old river oaks shopping center which I would put near the top also. I looked near ROD when buying my house and the prices were very high per sf. I could have bought there but the house wasn’t quite as nice for the same money. I’m not sure I made the right decision. There’s a premium to live near ROD. I would not pay more than $2mil for anything in the Houston area if it’s not within official River Oaks though. No matter what, real River Oaks is always the top.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Texasota said:

...what makes a crab cake "holistic"?

The $10 extra they charge for them. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Their financials are absolute trash. I really doubt restructuring can save that mess.

For now they are saying that none of the theater goers will be affected in any way and closing is not on the horizon. I guess we shall see... 

I go to iPic for "special event" movies or ones that i want to make sure no one talks during the movies etc as i find that iPic usually has the most respectful moviegoers ever...

• Like 3

My problem with iPic isn’t the price. The issues that keep me from going more often is that the movies I want to see are either not showing or all the good seats are sold out. 

• Like 1