River Oaks District: Mixed-Use Development At 4444 Westheimer Rd.

That is probably the only place in that center I could afford to go or would go sounds like.  I remember my sister and I innocently went tie shopping in the Galleria as younger teens and there was a tie store and we were looking for a tie for Dad. Every tie was $100 according to the snooty salesclerk.

haha that is what i have been saying all along...my home and my work are both walking distance to ROD but i think i will mainly be frequenting the movie theater and the pizza place ;) but my gosh i cannot believe i am l lucky enough to own a townhome walking distance to a movie theater now! i love the whole movie going experience...especially at a nice theater with respectful patrons! (Sundance is a great example of respectful patronage) cannot wait!!! 

• Like 2

haha that is what i have been saying all along...my home and my work are both walking distance to ROD but i think i will mainly be frequenting the movie theater and the pizza place ;) but my gosh i cannot believe i am l lucky enough to own a townhome walking distance to a movie theater now! i love the whole movie going experience...especially at a nice theater with respectful patrons! (Sundance is a great example of respectful patronage) cannot wait!!! 

you hit the lottery with that townhouse (if it its brick. brick is always best haha)

• Like 1

you hit the lottery with that townhouse (if it its brick. brick is always best haha)

haha yep, brick and not going anywhere anytime soon due to some land issues supposedly where they cannot tear down and build anything bigger etc...yay me! :)

• Like 1

^^^ although, i am not at all certain, the hotel addition appears to be a bit taller as per this latest illustration.  the rooftop pool terrace, is quite a unique design for houston.  this is going to become one serious HOT BOX in the summertime.  unique indeed....

• Like 1

hotel__preferred__scheme2.jpg

logo-original3-original.png

although, there is a property in downtown houston, this prospective hotel is just shouting FOUR SEASONS to me.

of course, i could be wrong, and i probably am.  however, we definitely could use a FS upgrade.

i cannot wait until this new hotel property is officially announced....

^^^ does anyone of ourdigital_camera.pngmagic men, have any current illustrations of currently under construction MAGNIFICENT / BRILLIANT ROD?  i feel as though i am going through some profound form of detoxification process.  please HAIF, show some love small-red-heart-with-transparent-backgro

• Like 2

maybe these will suffice Monarch? i didn't notice this CultureMap article posted..

Apparently sparing no expense, OliverMcMillan is wrapping its new River Oaks District in a mantle of green that promises to imbue the luxe mixed-use complex with the aura of the neighborhood from which it derived its name.

Just as massive oak trees give character to River Oaks, 64 mature oaks are being planted this week as part of the project's $6 million landscape plan.

Hoerr Schaudt Landscape Architects of Chicago has crafted the design that includes three 20-inch round live oaks that soar 28 feet above the development's central plaza. Add 50 overcup oaks, 79 crape myrtles and 73 cedar elms, most of the trees reaching 19 feet high.

In all, the design calls for 300 trees to be spread across the 14-acre property, strategically positioned to provide shade along the 15-foot wide sidewalks. The goal is to create a pleasant environment for pedestrians, an experience to be enhanced by overhead fans that whirl beneath the network of building awnings.

The numbers are equally impressive for the remainder of the landscaping — 23,551 perennial plants and nearly 5,000 annuals. Theses will provide color and texture to the parkways and planters that will be placed along most sidewalks. Installation began earlier this week with an army of workers planting.

In press materials Hoerr Schaudt describes the plan: "Plant types are massed together into large blocks to create interlocking geometric planes. Bold contrasts in foliage color, a playful mix of plant textures and a variety in height create a garden-like experience . . . Flowering perennials and changing leaf color will signal the change in seasons."

The first of the retailers — Cartier — is set to open September 3. Other designer boutiques, residences and restaurants will open intermittently throughout the fall.

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/home-design/08-09-15-6-million-landscape-plan-with-300-trees-transforms-urban-shopping-area-into-lush-oasis/

News-Shelby-River-Oaks-District-trees-Au

Edited by cloud713
  • Like 9

^^^ BIG THANK U cloud713 for the love!  how completely gorgeous this provided landscaping foliage, oaks, elms, and other items amassed.  i am also referencing upon these generous illustrations, the cool new lighting fixtures that are now going up as well.  geeee, what a beautiful, smart, and brilliant development this is going to be.  maybe, we can acquire some cool up-to-date overall pics from nate99, larry dierker, or hindesky.  HAIF's digital_camera.pngmagic men...     

• Like 1

i hadn't ever heard of the Equinox brand of hotels, but there might actually be some truth to this comment..

the Gym operator Equinox will run a 300 unit hotel in a new development in downtown LA..

http://www.ladowntownnews.com/news/gym-operator-equinox-picked-to-run-hotel-in-grand-avenue/article_dc0ac710-ed1d-11e4-b25a-db614b7fac31.html

Equinox.. just so happens to be the gym thats coming to ROD.

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/real-estate/12-05-14-luxury-fitness-center-with-those-cheeky-ads-is-headed-to-new-river-oaks-complex/

coincidence?

Equinox recently announced its intention to expand into the hotel business after almost a quarter century in the fitness industry. The company will work with design firm Yabu Pushelberg on the projects.

“We are excited about the prospect of bringing an Equinox-branded hotel to the area and to be a part of the Grand Avenue redevelopment that will continue the renaissance of Downtown,” Spevak said in an email to Downtown News. “As a fitness and lifestyle leader, a luxury lifestyle hotel is a natural extension of our brand and will be a compelling and unique offering in Los Angeles.

Edited by cloud713
  • Like 2

Lakitu_Cloud.png

cloud713, dude, thank you for allowing members like myself that are constantly working abroad, be able to keep up with the constant daily growth of our magnificent and forthcoming ROD!

i can see as per your illustrations, that you were indeed looking for the broadest vantage point from which to grab great photos.  you were doing the very best that you could, because of the army of on- site workers involved.  not to mention the surrounding barricades.

however, i shall have to ask, is this brilliant development just as spectacular in person, as it appears from your illustrations?  the scope and scale, the landscaping, the walkways, all of the little things that you are able to make out.  how does it all appear in person... per se?

we have gone through a very long drought of non pictures / illustrations.  i was having severe withdrawal symptoms every now and then.  thank you for thinking about us and caring.  you, along with all of our other superb HAIF magic digital_camera.png men.

simply brilliant.... 

• Like 2

^^^ hey cloud713, by the way, why don't you right click upon my adorable little cloud man, save in your downloads folder, and use it as your new avatar.  heck, i mean... you might as well... ole cloudy, would love to find a new home....

• Like 1

i live 2 blocks aways and it is indeed super nice...i wouldnt say that when i drive by i go omg that place is spectacular by any means as they are keeping it so far very nice, neat, clean, nondescript if that makes any sense at all...but it is nice and love that they are really trying to landscape the area with lots of oak trees and lush plants (and flowers) etc...i do like it alot and it may look way more impressive once the shops that face the street are up and open etc...i keep saying this and will say it again, i wont be able to afford or frequent most of the shops there but i dont know how to cook and i love the movie going experience so i will be at the restaurants and movie theater often! I often check in on the cam just to see whats going on as for now they have all the interior of the project blocked from pedestrians... that will change Sept 3rd when the first store opens! The other stores (and restaurants) follow in late september/october and iPic opens Oct 31st! 

Cam: http://www.earthcam.net/projects/olivermcmillan/rod/?cam=cchd

and i didnt know you worked abroad Monarch! Where are you these days?

• Like 1

i live 2 blocks aways and it is indeed super nice...i wouldnt say that when i drive by i go omg that place is spectacular by any means as they are keeping it so far very nice, neat, clean, nondescript if that makes any sense at all...but it is nice and love that they are really trying to landscape the area with lots of oak trees and lush plants (and flowers) etc...i do like it alot and it may look way more impressive once the shops that face the street are up and open etc...i keep saying this and will say it again, i wont be able to afford or frequent most of the shops there but i dont know how to cook and i love the movie going experience so i will be at the restaurants and movie theater often! I often check in on the cam just to see whats going on as for now they have all the interior of the project blocked from pedestrians... that will change Sept 3rd when the first store opens! The other stores (and restaurants) follow in late september/october and iPic opens Oct 31st! 

Cam: http://www.earthcam.net/projects/olivermcmillan/rod/?cam=cchd

and i didnt know you worked abroad Monarch! Where are you these days?

^^^ since 2005, i have worked abroad throughout the middle east for several big USA companies.  i thought that it was coming to an end, but it look's as though i shall be right back at it for a while.  nonetheless, i love the awesome travel, and the hard work as well.  quite the cool experience....

• Like 1