River Oaks District: Mixed-Use Development At 4444 Westheimer Rd. & 4702 Westheimer Rd.

HTXUSA, if i may inquire, how did you learn about NM's forthcoming massive houston galleria renovation plans?  actually, many of us HAIFER'S were hoping that they would just tear down and rebuild.... do you harbor any added renovation details?

r_o_d2__office__street.jpg

^^^ pretty exciting renders / concepts urbannizer!  however, i now really doubt that this hotel portion, of the phase II of ROD, shall become a RITZ CARLTON, as i had so hoped for.  this is simply due to the fact that the RC'S new marketing concepts, feature both hotel and residences all within one development.  this particular hotel illustration is simply too small in size and scale to accommodate both concepts comfortably.  the RITZ CARLTON / RESIDENCES HOTEL DALLAS, is incredibly huge and gorgeous!  therefore surely, their re-introduction back into the houston market, shall not be so utterly discreet, quiet, and non-inspiring after all of these years in their absence.  nonetheless, i have hereby concluded, that this forthcoming ROD hotel within the phase II of their plans, shall not be our much anticipated next RITZ CARLTON....

What are you talking about Monarch..? The residences are clearly the balconies above the hotel portion of the tower.. They just didn't go crazy on the residential component.

^^^ what do you mean "what am i talking about" cloud?  are you currently stuck in the clouds??  don't you recall those super gorgeous / super tall RITZ CARLTON renderings / concepts that were slated for the then brand new BLVD PLACE?  that particular hotel was about 55+ stories tall.  that particular hotel, was a TEXAS SIZED MASTERPIECE!  it would have included both the hotel portion, as well as the residential portion, all under one super sparking attention grabbing roof.  should that particular hotel had been built, it would have catapulted houston into the glamour stratosphere.  please allow for me to re-introduce those renders / concepts to you below.  now this is what RITZ CARLTON is about in todays market.  this is how they really make their money... big, huge, bold, hotel designs that incorporate big spacious residences, as per their well heeled clientele.  trust me, my good pal, i would be SHOCKED, if that proposition at phase II of ROD is a RITZ CARLTON.  i would simply not believe it, until it was actually built and the signage placed upon it....   

ritz-tower-view-down.jpg   blvd-place-2-aerial.jpg   ritz-tower-view-up.jpg

Edited by monarch
  • Like 1

I actually think it WILL be The Ritz Carlton Hotel/Residences, River Oaks District. The RC in Dallas is bland and granny-looking, and I think it's about 18 floors. This ROD Phase II looks like about 20-floors...RC Hotel on lower 12-15 floors, with RC Residences on the upper. And it's Houston-style: contemporary vs granny/traditional-looking. I'd be willing to bet it's The Ritz Carlton Hotel/Residences, ROD...or W Hotel/Residences, ROD. That's what it looks like to me. It's one or the other.

^^^ sorry my good pal, but i am not buying this at all.  the long awaited highly anticipated W HOTEL houston, is now slated for that gorgeous new development, now being planned over at the UPTOWN PARK.  don't ask me how i know this... i just know.  (we will leave it at that)  also, i for one, can and shall certainly respect your opinion upon your stated "bland and granny-looking" ritz carlton dallas hotel.  however, as you are certainly entitled to your very own opinion, you are not entitled to your very own facts regarding this particular magnificent hotel development.  for the record, i for one cannot acknowledge anything "bland and granny-looking" regarding that brilliantly designed 5*****property.

Rendering1prweb.jpg

• Like 1

What do you mean "don't ask me how I know this, I just know"..? It's been pretty common knowledge that property at Uptown Park is/was supposed to be a W for quite some time..

Yeah I know what the BLVD Place Ritz proposal looked like.. I'm just saying there are clearly reaidences above the hotel portion of whatever flag is going in that new tower... Who it will be, i have no idea?

Lol, agreed, sounds good. We're both onto something. The Ritz Carlton and W Hotel are the next brands up, so we are likely both right, with W going up in Uptown Park and The Ritz Carlton at ROD Phase II.

downtown needs some love...

• Like 2

Lol, agreed, sounds good. We're both onto something. The Ritz Carlton and W Hotel are the next brands up, so we are likely both right, with W going up in Uptown Park and The Ritz Carlton at ROD Phase II.

i've mentioned this before but there is another 5-star flag who has partnered up with a premiere developer working on a hotel/residential tower adjacent to ROD. tillman is also courting an upper tier flag although rumor has it another uptown property/developer is courting the same flag so who knows.

• Like 1

i've heard Brioni has pulled out.

btw if RODII happens as well as the other major hotel/mixed use tower i mentioned earlier we would be looking at some serious height added to this area. the transformation of westcreek in a few short years would be nothing short of remarkable.

When you say serious height, is that in reference to the 4-5 stories of the ROD development (which 20 stories would be serious compared to the current), or pre-2008 height?

csm_300910_-_Virgin_Hotels_logo_cd6b64e6

dallas, is getting a VIRGIN HOTEL flag.  i would love for houston to acquire this superb hotel brand straight from london.  can you just imagine patronizing a VIRGIN HOTEL, all the while shopping at ROD?  this would be the epitome of cool....

Houston is getting a Live Aqua Luxury Hotel. It may be going up in the Uptown/Galleria area. http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2015/06/26/mexicos-largest-hotel-operator-to-expand-to.html

^^^ LIVE AQUA news, was revealed to us about a couple of weeks ago with a great response.  however, no one knows at this time just where it shall be located.  wouldn't it be totally cool if the LIVE AQUA hotel brand ended up downtown, at the prime locale whereby sakowitz currently resides.  wow!

• Like 1

Yes indeed, Monarch that would be awesome. And Chicago's will be 82-stories, so Houston's will be 50-60+. If it does go to the old Sakowitz site, it will compliment Hotel Alessandro, but at about 3 times taller. Another great site for it is the intersection of San Felipe/Post Oak Blvd...the NW corner next to the new BHBilliton Tower finishing up, and across from Whole Foods. A 50+ story luxury hotel tower there would be a stunner and compliment the Williams Tower further down the Blvd.

^^^ i concur!

r_o_d2__office__street.jpg

^^^ pretty exciting renders / concepts urbannizer!  however, i now really doubt that this hotel portion, of the phase II of ROD, shall become a RITZ CARLTON, as i had so hoped for.  this is simply due to the fact that the RC'S new marketing concepts, feature both hotel and residences all within one development.  this particular hotel illustration is simply too small in size and scale to accommodate both concepts comfortably.  the RITZ CARLTON / RESIDENCES HOTEL DALLAS, is incredibly huge and gorgeous!  therefore surely, their re-introduction back into the houston market, shall not be so utterly discreet, quiet, and non-inspiring after all of these years in their absence.  nonetheless, i have hereby concluded, that this forthcoming ROD hotel within the phase II of their plans, shall not be our much anticipated next RITZ CARLTON....

I honestly can't imagine this is the Ritz. I thought they were looking downtown...

If this is the Ritz, i will be disappointed because i was hoping for a more unique design. Infill is great, but this looks like something we have seen many times before...

• Like 3

^^^ i absolutely concur avossos!  my very sentiments exactly.  what they constructed in dallas is simply remarkable, surely they would not reenter the houston market with at straight up bland, non-inspiring, 1990's design such as your illustration depicts....

• 3 weeks later...

COS of London opening it's first Texas location at Houston's River Oaks District in 2015. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cos-to-open-four-stores-in-the-us-this-autumn--winter-300122042.html

^^^ loved the way that they referred to the houston store as "situated at the prestigious and highly anticipated RIVER OAKS DISTRICT".  this is sooo totally cool!  it now appears that most everyone is awaiting the ROD, even from abroad.  much obliged HTXUSA, my withdrawal symptoms have subsided a small bit....

• Like 1