River Oaks District: Mixed-Use Development At 4444 Westheimer Rd.

By stayed put I mean leasing space to the Galleria, as shown in the renderings of the jewelry box and not moving to ROD.

Did you mean to say Cartier and Chanel, rather than Tiffany and Chanel?

galleria-jewel-box-southview.jpg

In any event, I think these renderings are just marketing.  I don't think there is any real indication that either of these stores has committed to moving in to the "jewel box".  And there's indications that neither plans to.  River Oaks District has announced Cartier as a tenant.  And Chanel just completed a complete remodel of their Galleria store.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 1

Did you mean to say Cartier and Chanel, rather than Tiffany and Chanel?

galleria-jewel-box-southview.jpg

In any event, I think these renderings are just marketing. I don't think there is any real indication that either of these stores has committed to moving in to the "jewel box". And there's indications that neither plans to. River Oaks District has announced Cartier as a tenant. And Chanel just completed a complete remodel of their Galleria store.

Well yes Pardon my ignorance.

Do we know if there are tenants for this or is it a speculation jewelry box?

Edited by Montrose1100

• 2 weeks later...

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/2015/06/more-boutiques-a-restaurant-announced-for-river-oaks-district/

Stella McCartney: women’s ready-to-wear, accessories, lingerie, eyewear, fragrance and kids designer

Van Cleef & Arpels, a French jewelry, watch, and perfume company renowned for pieces featuring flowers, animals and fairies often worn by style icons

Vince: Contemporary women, men and kids’ clothing line

Vilebrequin: Luxury French brand specializing in swimwear and ready-to-wear for men and women

Alice + Olivia: Women’s ready-to-wear, gowns, shoes, tech accessories and handbags

Planet Blue: Bohemian and vintage-inspired boutique featuring California beach-style swimwear

St. Nicola: International luxury line offering men’s and women’s footwear and handbags

Davidoff of Geneva: Swiss luxury tobacco goods including cigars, pipe tobacco and accessories

Steak 44: American steakhouse, part of the Mastro Family Restaurant Group

• Like 1

"You must be this* wealthy to go on the ROD ride

*1%

Perhaps for the clothing and condos, but a lot of the rental units and restaurants are going to have comparative prices to other surrounding areas.

Edited by curbur

• 2 weeks later...

^^^ i noticed the new office / hotel renderings on the oliver mcmillan website a few days ago.  i have been racking my brain wondering just what the hotel brand will be.  these new items, shall totally compliment the already magnificent array of top rated retail currently in place.

• Like 2

Brioni is part of the 2nd wave of announced ROD retailers, a group that also included Bonobos, Canali and Kiton. Sometimes different articles refer to certain announced retailers, without mentioning all of them. That doesn't mean they've pulled out...that would be major news we would have heard. No retailer announced has pulled out. In fact, more are on the way. A 3rd group of retailers was announced last week, that includes Stella McCartney, Vince and Van Cleef & Arpels. The retail line-up, so far, has been extraordinary.

i've heard Brioni has pulled out.

btw if RODII happens as well as the other major hotel/mixed use tower i mentioned earlier we would be looking at some serious height added to this area. the transformation of westcreek in a few short years would be nothing short of remarkable.

Edited by swtsig
  • Like 2

I think you may be right. I've researched it too, and it looks like Brioni was wooed away (even after signing on). If not in any current ROD advertisements, as it was. If Brioni did pull out, it's because Neiman Marcus (who has a big contract with Brioni), killed it. The Galleria/NM/SFA is not happy about the fierce ROD competition, and have been looking for ways to fight back. Brioni may have been the first casualty of this retail war. Neiman Marcus is planning a massive renovation of their Houston Galleria flagship, and probably promised Brioni major square footage within it if they would bow out of ROD. NM recently renovated their Atlanta store, and gave Brioni top billing. Looks like it worked...NM may have sabotaged ROD's big Brioni get.

^^^ just how many MASSIVE RENOVATIONS is neiman marcus going to keep giving to it's houston galleria flagship?  heck, it now seems that i have actually lost count.  isn't it time to totally collapse this ancient structure, and rebuild a completely new state of the art edifice just like their main competition saks did?  NM galleria, has been pushed for space since it's conception.  the store is just too small. heck, basically all of it's management offices have been moved over to the williams tower for years now.  one would think that with all of this particular store's buying power, retail might, and overall prestige, that they could do so much better than what is currently taking place within their number #1 market which is houston....  

Edited by monarch