River Oaks District: Mixed-Use Development At 4444 Westheimer Rd. & 4702 Westheimer Rd.

"It's not a mall, it's not a shopping center, it's a destination" lol

By the way, I've heard of maybe one or two of the retailers listed in article. Guess I'll go walk through this place like one time and just enjoy the view while driving by after that.

• Like 2

thats because everything there is out of your budget unfortunately ;)

i will definitely be walking to the movie theater on a weekly basis....cannot wait!

Edited by gene
  • Like 1

if i had to guess, i would say the ~10 story is a boutique hotel and the ~30 story is a residential tower..? they wanted a hotel component, and the tower looks to have balconies in between what i assume are strips of glass curtain wall panels running down the outside? a lot of assuming over here. hopefully it doesn't make an ass out of u and me. ;)

Edited by cloud713
  • Like 1

if i had to guess, i would say the ~10 story is a boutique hotel and the ~30 story is a residential tower..? they wanted a hotel component, and the tower looks to have balconies in between what i assume are strips of glass curtain wall panels running down the outside? a lot of assuming over here. hopefully it doesn't make an ass out of u and me. ;)

Boutique hotel? I was thinking office.

Boutique hotel? I was thinking office.

yeah. office would be my other guess for the 10 story. i just said hotel because in the original plan they had some high end hotel component, and given the recent lull in office demand the hotel makes more sense to me. almost positive the tower is residential though, merely based off looks/what appear to be balconies.

interesting.. i have no knowledge on the project. just speculation because it looks to be loaded with balconies. unless the "panels" are solid facade and the "balconies" I'm seeing are just the inner floor plates showing through glass facade? so hotel and office?

Great render TS. Looks like you're missing the gables high rise though.

I'd love to see a tall iconic tower in this cluster... Amegy and Arabella have the design but not quite the height. Something 45+ stories would look great amongst all the new 15-34 story buildings.

• Like 7

Great render TS. Looks like you're missing the gables high rise though.

I'd love to see a tall iconic tower in this cluster... Amegy and Arabella have the design but not quite the height. Something 45+ stories would look great amongst all the new 15-34 story buildings.

slyfox.png?itok=OarO4YPQ

ok swtsig, are you trying to tell us something here ....

• Like 1

All of this new development and Target still hasn't made any announcement about moving the hell out of the way. AWKWARD!

Target does not give a flying f**k about anyone's idea of a more urban district or their giant parking lot being an eye sore. As long as they are making money they will not move. People on this site tend to forget the economics that are at play in the market and only want their ideal outcomes to come true, which would be nice but not be very economically viable.  

• Like 3