River Oaks District: Mixed-Use Development At 4444 Westheimer Rd. & 4702 Westheimer Rd.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the site where The Wilshire is going up was originally envisioned by McMillan as their Phase 2, at least until the recession caused them to scale back their plans.  However, consistent with what Cloud says, I have heard that McMillan may partner with someone else to redevelop the site where Sullivan's and LePeep are now.

Directly west of the ROD is a convenience store (built and still owned by the same developers, Swain & Houck, as the old apartments that once lined Westcreek Lane). The store sits in the corner of a large parking lot which is used by some adjacent restaurants.

Swain & Houck own the parking lot, and the restaurant land. All put together, it's at least 2 acres. ROD acquired some or all of this land, but exactly which land or how much was never really disclosed. All I can go by is the press releases and HCAD - and HCAD sometimes has downright fictitious information listed (such as the Highland Terrace land being "Vacant" while I was still living there).

• 3 weeks later...

spoke to a rep for iPic theaters and they said the iPic River Oaks in this plaza, is on target for a fall opening! it will be so great to have a theater back in the Galleria area and walking distance from where i live! i will watch for an exact date of the opening and post it once it is confirmed!

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I could create asphalt/concrete that cooled and maybe ate C02 as well so the envori-folks would give me lots of angel investors.

There are supposed to be high-albedo roofing materials that all the LEED builders use to cut down on heat absorption. It is also possible to create concrete in different colors by adding pigments. The white roofs on ROD are supposed to be high reflectivity, but indeed, a green roof or two might have done more and looked nicer.

i just wish more houston developers would consider implementing green roofs... doesn't even have to cover the whole roof but at least pockets of green or well appointed trees to provide shade, especially on rooftop parking structures.

Lots of unused space on top of roofs. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...