River Oaks District: Mixed-Use Development At 4444 Westheimer Rd.

https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/retail/houston-surpasses-dallas-in-retail-appeal-50916

Houston Surpasses Dallas in Retail Appeal

Houston is becoming a regular second market for companies looking to expand beyond their home base, and it’s typical for Houston to be a brand’s third-best location behind New York and Los Angeles. And it’s not because Houston’s a discount play, Nick says—the rents at the River Oaks District prove that, and he says the team’s about to take those to a whole new level there.

^^^ wow!  this is absolutely BRILLIANT news.... and long time coming!  props for sharing drlan34....

• Like 1

https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/retail/houston-surpasses-dallas-in-retail-appeal-50916

Houston Surpasses Dallas in Retail Appeal

Houston is becoming a regular second market for companies looking to expand beyond their home base, and it’s typical for Houston to be a brand’s third-best location behind New York and Los Angeles. And it’s not because Houston’s a discount play, Nick says—the rents at the River Oaks District prove that, and he says the team’s about to take those to a whole new level there.

Good find, although I'm a bit skeptical of this claim.  I would think other more urban cities would be the third choice.  Chicago in particular, but also San Fran and Boston.  Then again, I don't operate in this area, so I defer to these guys.  

• Like 1

Good find, although I'm a bit skeptical of this claim. I would think other more urban cities would be the third choice. Chicago in particular, but also San Fran and Boston. Then again, I don't operate in this area, so I defer to these guys.

We have lower costs of running a business with higher return. SF and Boston have higher cost of operating. Just an idea

Wow I had no idea I was doing a fashion event today, I better get ready. (My name is Mitchell if you cant tell from my username) 

In my experience Mitchell is not a popular name but now we have at least two Mitchells on HAIF. What's going on here?

• Like 1

haha well you are the OTHER mitchell in my book ;) although i am sure you are just as awesome....

and hey everyone..SO freaking excited!!!! :

Booking Confirmation

Your booking is confirmed at Houston River Oaks District iPIC for STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS 3D at Thursday Dec 17, 2015 10:45 PM

Booking ID:
WNNMZF9

Order Total:
$24.00

Order Detail:
1 x Premium Plus - Member @ $14.00
1 x VIP Fee @ $10.00

Seating:
C9

Edited by gene
  • Like 5

haha well you are the OTHER mitchell in my book ;) although i am sure you are just as awesome....

and hey everyone..SO freaking excited!!!! :

Booking Confirmation

Your booking is confirmed at Houston River Oaks for STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS 3D at Thursday Dec 17, 2015 10:45 PM

Booking ID:
WNNMZF9

Order Total:
$24.00

Order Detail:
1 x Premium Plus - Member @ $14.00

1 x VIP Fee @ $10.00

Seating:
C9

untitled-3.jpg

may the force.... well, you know....

• Like 4

Monarch, my main man,

I'm confused.  You post all this breaking news and wonderful photos for your Houston tribe.  And for some reason, I have it in my head that you are working in the middles east for an oil co.  Do you have a very fashionable little blue and red outfit with a big 'S' and a dash of yellow in your closet?  Are am I confused for some other reason?

At any rate, thank you for the update.  I drove through almost every day since the opening, but clearly, missing the past 2 days and I've missed 2 openings.  Anyone know the date of iPic opening?  Security said they're moving fast, hiring, training, etc.

• Like 1

Monarch, my main man,

I'm confused.  You post all this breaking news and wonderful photos for your Houston tribe.  And for some reason, I have it in my head that you are working in the middles east for an oil co.  Do you have a very fashionable little blue and red outfit with a big 'S' and a dash of yellow in your closet?  Are am I confused for some other reason?

At any rate, thank you for the update.  I drove through almost every day since the opening, but clearly, missing the past 2 days and I've missed 2 openings.  Anyone know the date of iPic opening?  Security said they're moving fast, hiring, training, etc.

^^^ well, now i think that you have me a bit confused.... quite significantly might i add.  heck my good pal imagoman, i really do not know just where to start here??  i have indeed worked throughout the country of afghanistan since 2005.  however, not for an "oil company" but for several USA engineering / construction / logistics / contractors for the DOD.  i am in OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT per se.  now for the real deal, i love high end style.  dubai, uae, just so happens to be our POINT OF ENTRY into the country of afghanistan.  therefore, dubai, has been like a second home to me.  and if anyone knows anything about dubai, uae, then you should know that this most wonderful place in the gulf / desert... is the EPITOME OF HIGH END STYLE... a bit like new york / london.  therefore, this is the reason that i know so much about so many of the new stores venturing into houston's new MEGA WATT shopping mecca ROD.  i have had the pleasure of frequenting them within the MALL OF THE EMIRATES as well as THE DUBAI MALL.  i can honestly assure each and everyone of you wonderful HAIFERS... it just does not get much better than these two MEGA MALLS.  they are indeed the best in the world from my standpoint.  all in all, i do hope that i have diffused a bit of the confusion surrounding myself.  nonetheless, you guys are my best pals, you can ask me anything....    

• Like 2

Monarch if you talk in the same style as you post here I think it would be absolutely mesmerizing. Maybe you should try to get some voice over work that you write the dialogue yourself.

I can just hear Morgan Freeman saying "excellent illustration as per this magnificent edifice".

• Like 8

Monarch, my main man,

iPic opens Nov 6th! (some sites say nov 5th)

you can purchase Spectre movie tickets on their site now...and dont forget to sign up on their site for the membership before the opening date so you can get a free upgraded membership (sapphire level) and 1 free movie ticket! i have already purchased my Star Wars 3D ticket for Dec 17th as well!

• Like 1

^^^ well, now i think that you have me a bit confused.... quite significantly might i add.  heck my good pal imagoman, i really do not know just where to start here??  i have indeed worked throughout the country of afghanistan since 2005.  however, not for an "oil company" but for several USA engineering / construction / logistics / contractors for the DOD.  i am in OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT per se.  now for the real deal, i love high end style.  dubai, uae, just so happens to be our POINT OF ENTRY into the country of afghanistan.  therefore, dubai, has been like a second home to me.  and if anyone knows anything about dubai, uae, then you should know that this most wonderful place in the gulf / desert... is the EPITOME OF HIGH END STYLE... a bit like new york / london.  therefore, this is the reason that i know so much about so many of the new stores venturing into houston's new MEGA WATT shopping mecca ROD.  i have had the pleasure of frequenting them within the MALL OF THE EMIRATES as well as THE DUBAI MALL.  i can honestly assure each and everyone of you wonderful HAIFERS... it just does not get much better than these two MEGA MALLS.  they are indeed the best in the world from my standpoint.  all in all, i do hope that i have diffused a bit of the confusion surrounding myself.  nonetheless, you guys are my best pals, you can ask me anything....    

Monarch, I like your posts and your excitement about things.  Keep them coming!

• Like 6