River Oaks District: Mixed-Use Development At 4444 Westheimer Rd. & 4702 Westheimer Rd.

pal, are you kidding? where were you upon the last superbowl in houston (patriots vs carolina panthers) (feb 2004)? basically, every hotel from houston to galveston to beaumont, were hereby packed to capacity. the galleria area was basically crammed bumper to bumper. inside the galleria... was simply unbelievable! trust me, any and every viable hotel property, shall reap a financial windfall. period. surely the new W HOTEL vs RITZ shall want to be open for this form of business.

I agree, just saying they won't be much in the way of a "host hotel", since the action will be in downtown.. Sure the people will spill over into theGalleria/spread across the city, but a hotel in downtown near the festivities will be the most desirable. A W or Ritz elsewhere in town would definitely get some bookings out of the bowl though.

ritz_carlton_logo.jpg

would love to see a ritz carlton downtown houston.

however, should they decide to place it upon the uptown area, i hope that it is not hidden.

this particular brand, shall need to stand out.

houston, has indeed arrived.  it is high time for the world to know it.

brand.gif

would love to see a w hotel downtown houston.

although, this may seem to be a bit far fetched... houston, should be able to accommodate two w hotels.

uptown w / downtown w

we already have a aloft galleria.  soon construction shall begin upon aloft downtown.

i cannot wait to reference concepts / renders of both brands.

Reminds me of Dubai.

dubai_2_1.jpg

sky-guy, i would have to concur.  at least certain parts of dubai...

i actually had the pleasure of witnessing the few cranes and such, that were assisting upon the construction of burj khalifa in the far background.

the beautiful sunset within the gorgeous illustration, could have come right out of dubai, uae.

i wish that everyone could experience dubai... it's a magical place.

pretty soon, i shall be headed back.  i have a new job position coming forth in the middle east.

• Like 1

as exciting as the possibility of all of this is.. lets not forget that so far nothing has been announced for the Sakowitz building. the W and Ritz rumors have been flying around for at least a year now.. and most everything else he listed was common development knowledge or was possibly old news. i hope hes referring to new developments that are going on behind the scenes, but color me a little skeptical (no offense HTL) as to all of this "news" weve heard.

I know for a fact that the transformation of the Sakowitz building is in the works, as part of the Mayor Parker's Dallas Street Retail Corridor Project. The Ritz Carlton is considering the lot on Dallas Street at the end of the Corridor across from Discovery Green. W Hotel has been asked to build along the Corridor, as well. Add the already announced Hotel Alessandra and that's 3 new luxury hotels along the new retail corridor. Additionally, Macy's is planned to relocate along the Corridor, and they own Bloomingdale's giving them 2 large stores in the project. And many other retailers will have street-level shops along the new retail corridor. This is huge, so be patient. The project involves a collaboration with a multitude of people.

I don't know if it will all be ready for the Superbowl, but some of it will. Dallas Street will probably still be in major construction/transformation mode.

Edited by HTOWN LIVE
  • Like 4

I know for a fact that the transformation of the Sakowitz building is in the works, as part of the Mayor Parker's Dallas Street Retail Corridor Project. The Ritz Carlton is considering the lot on Dallas Street at the end of the Corridor across from Discovery Green. W Hotel has been asked to build along the Corridor, as well. Add the already announced Hotel Alessandra and that's 3 new luxury hotels along the new retail corridor. Additionally, Macy's is planned to relocate along the Corridor, and they own Bloomingdale's giving them 2 large stores in the project. And many other retailers will have street-level shops along the new retail corridor. This is huge, so be patient. The project involves a collaboration with a multitude of people.

I don't know if it will all be ready for the Superbowl, but some of it will. Dallas Street will probably still be in major construction/transformation mode.

aniBlueSpeckle.gif

please htown live, after reading your account, i feel as though i have died and evolved straight into heaven.

3x count prospective luxury hotels along the planned dallas street retail corridor.

isn't this a beautiful cross to bear...

• Like 2

Lol I like this guys responses ! :D

aniBlueSpeckle.gif

please htown live, after reading your account, i feel as though i have died and evolved straight into heaven.

3x count prospective luxury hotels along the planned dallas street retail corridor.

isn't this a beautiful cross to bear...

• Like 4

i thought that was exactly what they were trying to prevent for the Super Bowl, and hoped to have the retail opened by then?

and i thought W was looking near uptown?

that would be crazy if all 3 of those hotels came to fruition along Dallas Ave. add that to the already existing Four Seasons on Dallas and youve got a heck of a strip of high end hotels...

When you say "Dallas Street at the end of the Corridor across from Discovery Green", do you mean the same block that the Embassy Suites is on?

Wow, this would be amazing for this area of downtown.

Am i going mad or something? When did River Oaks move to downtown >.< Come on guys just create a new thread for this!

Wow calm down lol. He was just sharing with us that Ritz and W are looking at ROD and Downtown as a possible location; he just decided to throw in even more inside info. We get hints about other unannounced projects in different threads pretty often.

• Like 4

I think downtown or uptown wuld be better for these hotels. We know that they will be tall and what says W or Ritz more than views of major powerlines and diesel locomotives as views? ROD and of the development around it is just in a bad loaction. Wish the trains and powerlines cound be moved.

I think downtown or uptown wuld be better for these hotels. We know that they will be tall and what says W or Ritz more than views of major powerlines and diesel locomotives as views? ROD and of the development around it is just in a bad loaction. Wish the trains and powerlines cound be moved.

ROD is in a bad location? lmfao... yes. between Uptown, River Oaks, Greenway/Upper Kirby, and Afton Oaks. what idiot would decide to build a high end development there...? doh.

but hopefully the train will get trenched one day.

• Like 1

I think the ritz goes downtown and the W goes to ROD

Yeah that's been my assumption all along. Well, the W anywhere in the greater uptown area really. But given the transformation of downtown as of late I'm not sure anymore. I'm just ready for them to announce they are coming to Houston and hope they are some awesome towers too.