River Oaks District: Mixed-Use Development At 4444 Westheimer Rd.

Uptown Area: Oaks District

http://www.olivermcmillan.com/images/deve/houston/Houston_lg.jpg

PDF: Oaks District

http://www.olivermcmillan.com/images/deve/houston/ROp4_1109finlA%20Small.jpg

http://www.olivermcmillan.com/images/deve/houston/ROp1_1109finl_CORRECTEDA.jpg

http://www.olivermcmillan.com/images/deve/houston/ROp2_1109finlA%20small.jpg

http://www.olivermcmillan.com/images/deve/houston/ROp3_1109finlA.jpg

http://www.olivermcmillan.com/images/deve/houston/ROp5_1109finl_CORRECTEDAsmall.jpg

• Like 1

I thought this project was supposed to stretch from Westheimer to San Felipe. Are they doing it in phases maybe and those renderings are just of phase 1?

And what's going in on the empty lot next door, that's High Creek or High Park or something like that, right?

As far as Barney's, who knows, but they need it. Between this, Galleria, BLVD Place, HIghland village, and whatever you else you can think off, this area is going to need every retail store on the planet to fill up the space.

• Like 1

I thought this project was supposed to stretch from Westheimer to San Felipe. Are they doing it in phases maybe and those renderings are just of phase 1?

And what's going in on the empty lot next door, that's High Creek or High Park or something like that, right?

As far as Barney's, who knows, but they need it. Between this, Galleria, BLVD Place, HIghland village, and whatever you else you can think off, this area is going to need every retail store on the planet to fill up the space.

yeah, dont forget West Ave. this entire area is on the cusp of a pretty major reformation. but i'm with you in regards to High Street (right?)... is that an entirely differnet project? what are the projected tennants, components, etc.? and this seems like an awful lot of retail in the uptown/river oaks area.... west ave, high street, galleria, blvd place, highland village, even regents square :blink:

• Like 1

Done.

I wish Westheimer at a trolley/streetcar like in Portland that went from near Downtown to the Galleria. I think it would be really popular, especially with a development like this along the route.

Edited by Trae

I'm not sure if all of these have been posted or not. Sorry for pasting them but they were too large to upload as a file.

n159900085_30237347_7029.jpg

n159900085_30237346_6472.jpg

n159900085_30237344_4261.jpg

n159900085_30237345_4799.jpg

n159900085_30237342_3200.jpg

n159900085_30237343_3771.jpg

n159900085_30237341_2645.jpg

All were taken from this pdf file Trae posted. If they've been posted, let me know and I'll delete them.

For those who don't feel like opening it, it says groundbreaking is September 2008 and opening is Sept. 2010.

Edited by lockmat

• 2 months later...

From ChannelTwoNews in the W Hotel thread:

I'm trying to find the Westcreek/River Oaks District thread, but since this is part of the project...

It will be 34 Stories.

Gensler of Santa Monica is the design architect, BOKA Powell is the architect of record.

If I'm not mistaken, groundbreaking for the entire project is slated for this July.

Not early April fool's or anything. Just a head's up.

:ph34r:

Edited by Trae

Thanks for finding it, Trae.

Anyway, if you're wondering, the source is connected with the project on the engineering side. I chose to post it since they informed me of the updated floorcounts & partners with the project. That info will also be updated on another structural database available to the public within a few days, so it didn't seem like a breach of privacy or anything to post it here.

Anyway, for a few more brief bits...

The Condo tower will be 32 stories and the architect will be Pappageorge/Haymes,Ltd. of Chicago

Le Meridien will be 18 stories and will have the same partners as the W Hotel.

The Office Building will be 16 stories, Gensler is the design architect.

Edited by ChannelTwoNews
  • Like 1

Thanks for finding it, Trae.

Anyway, if you're wondering, the source is connected with the project on the engineering side. I chose to post it since they informed me of the updated floorcounts & partners with the project. That info will also be updated on another structural database available to the public within a few days, so it didn't seem like a breach of privacy or anything to post it here.

Anyway, for a few more brief bits...

The Condo tower will be 32 stories and the architect will be Pappageorge/Haymes,Ltd. of Chicago

Le Meridien will be 18 stories and will have the same partners as the W Hotel.

The Office Building will be 16 stories, Gensler is the design architect.

Wow. The final floor counts are a lot higher across the board. This is an excellent project. Can't wait to see it rise.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Any new info on this? This thing is gonna be awesome.

Houston magazine has an article this month listing that this project is scheduled to break ground next year.

"The multi-building plan includes two luxury hotels, rumored to be a W Hotel and a Le Meridien. One of the hotels is expected to be part condo, with a separate building reserved for 300 high-end apartments."

• 3 weeks later...
Comparing the 2.

24vrz3q.jpg

2693648621_759a137584_b.jpg

We lost a (1) midrise in the evolution, but gained (2) taller versions of the exiting condo and hotel.

A project that was upsized? That's going to be very disappointing to all the pessimists who complain that every project ends up smaller than planned. B)