Happy Birthday HAIF!

PuroAztlan

Happy Birthday HAIF!

Thanks to our esteemed editor for seven years of growth, improvements and consistent maintenance.

I spend less and less time on the internet these days. My bank, email, facebook and HAIF garner most of my web time attention. I'm grateful for the hours of entertainment and information that HAIF provides.

This would not be possible without our editor's commitment to the site.

Thanks a million and best wishes for the future of the HAIF Community.

Keith

congrats and thanks, ed.

just curious and nostalgic, what happened to the old forum? i recall it crashing but did the posts survive?

As I recall few if any of the posts from the original HAIF survived. The second HAIF started as a clean slate.

Jeez, I can't believe I've been hanging around here 7 years!

congrats and thanks, ed.

just curious and nostalgic, what happened to the old forum? i recall it crashing but did the posts survive?

The old forum was hacked. I ran across a backup of the old posts a couple of years ago. I actually went looking for it over the weekend hoping I could restore the posts as a text file, if nothing else. I'll look again today.

The reason I was looking for the backup was to corroborate an e-mail I found that references HAIF existing as early as 2000, which would make HAIF eight years old. The 2001 date in the domain registration may just reflect when I transferred to a new registrar. Although the dates are supposed to remain the same when this happens (and almost always does these days), back in the wild wild west days of 1999 that may not have been the case. Or not. Who knows?

The old forum was hacked. I ran across a backup of the old posts a couple of years ago. I actually went looking for it over the weekend hoping I could restore the posts as a text file, if nothing else. I'll look again today.

The reason I was looking for the backup was to corroborate an e-mail I found that references HAIF existing as early as 2000, which would make HAIF eight years old. The 2001 date in the domain registration may just reflect when I transferred to a new registrar. Although the dates are supposed to remain the same when this happens (and almost always does these days), back in the wild wild west days of 1999 that may not have been the case. Or not. Who knows?

HAI the website, or HAIF the forum? I'm almost sure the forum part is 7 years old now.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

It sure has been a long time! The site has been through some good and bad times, but Editor has always maintained it very well! I am very proud to be a member!

I still remember when it was hacked a long time ago, and am thankful that it was brought back to life!

• 4 years later...
  • The title was changed to Happy Birthday HAIF!
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Highrise Tower said:

Anyone else have September birthdays? :ph34r:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952f9rk3eo8gbt3dxt9ff

^^^ @Highrise Tower is today your birthday?  if so, then what's with the INCOGNITO FACE?  my pal, we are living in the dire and very regrettable time of COVID-19.  therefore, life can be quite short.  should your birthday actually be today, then please... REJOICE!  get out and celebrate to the very fullest.  you've earned it, and we've got your back... 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...