Tree Line

Marley

The new gated neighborhood at Treeline is preselling lots now. They've saved some of the big oak trees and will have oversized lots. I drove by the other day (near Spring Cypress and N. Eldridge) and it looks like it will be really pretty.

I really miss that course. That was one of the few cheap places to play a round of golf in the Northwest. Also, I really liked the atmosphere at Dilla's....I haven't been by since the redevelopment began, but it sounds nice I guess, but I am still bitter.

I miss Dillas.

301714741_e7b5a608ac_o.jpg

I corresponded with the owner who seemed to indicate that at the last moment he had a chance to save it (the developers changed their mind) but he'd already sold off the equipment or something like that. Agree, it had a great atmosphere. We liked to take the kids there.

Here are some renderings and info about the new Treeline development:

Treeline

That picture just brought back all my anger about the closing. That place reminded me a little of the places along Barton Springs drive (green mesquite, shady grove) in Austin that I really liked. I had a lot of good times on that golf course, too. It really was a pretty little course, especially for the money.

Also, while I am thinking about it, Mr. Football, you seem to be very knowledgable about the Northwest side, are there any places with similar atmosphere to Dilla's that you can recommend? Anything with shaded outdoor seating and some tasty grub? I grew up in Atascocita and am still learning this area.

• The title was changed to Tree Line

Archived