Roadside Tree Plantings

mrfootball

CYPRESS CREEK PRESERVE

Tree planting set Saturday

Legacy Land Trust is hosting a work day 10 a.m.-noon Saturday at Little Cypress Creek Preserve in Cypress.

Volunteers will help plant trees and remove deep-rooted sedge. The 58-acre preserve is located at Telge and Spring Cypress. To help out, call 713-524-2100.

Residents can join master naturalist and Legacy Land Trust volunteer Scott Kiester for an early morning bird count at 7 a.m.

I've been encouraged by Precinct 3's efforts to create major roads that are "boulevards" with medians. They've also made efforts to plant trees along these medians. A good example nearby are the recent plantings on Telge Rd. I imagine they'll do the same for the Huffmeister expansion, which is coming along now.

Unfortunately, Precinct 4 chooses to go a different route, opting instead for massive asphalt suicide lanes (a la FM 1960 and Louetta from Champion Dr. past I-45). For continuity's sake, I called Pct 4 to request that they plant trees in the medians on Louetta between Jones Rd. & Malcomsen and they said they "don't do that". Some nonsense about mowing. The only option is to contact County Engineering and arrange some sort of deal between the County and the local neighborhoods, which in this case would be Heatherwood, Villaggio, Waldwyck and Gettysburg and part of Lakewood Forest. If anyone from those neighborhoods would like to adopt that part of Louetta you can click here:

http://www.hcp4.net/cad/adopt-county-mile.htm

If you want to landscape it and plant trees on it like the rest of that stretch of Louetta, you can call County Engineering at 713-956-3000.

I've been encouraged by Precinct 3's efforts to create major roads that are "boulevards" with medians. They've also made efforts to plant trees along these medians. A good example nearby are the recent plantings on Telge Rd. I imagine they'll do the same for the Huffmeister expansion, which is coming along now.

Unfortunately, Precinct 4 chooses to go a different route, opting instead for massive asphalt suicide lanes (a la FM 1960 and Louetta from Champion Dr. past I-45). For continuity's sake, I called Pct 4 to request that they plant trees in the medians on Louetta between Jones Rd. & Malcomsen and they said they "don't do that". Some nonsense about mowing. The only option is to contact County Engineering and arrange some sort of deal between the County and the local neighborhoods, which in this case would be Heatherwood, Villaggio, Waldwyck and Gettysburg and part of Lakewood Forest. If anyone from those neighborhoods would like to adopt that part of Louetta you can click here:

http://www.hcp4.net/cad/adopt-county-mile.htm

If you want to landscape it and plant trees on it like the rest of that stretch of Louetta, you can call County Engineering at 713-956-3000.

Yes :D

Archived