Sign in to follow this  
Triton

Texas Medical Center On Channel 2

Did anyone see the commercial discussing the huge growth of the Texas Medical Center? They talked about the unprecedented growth and that the TMC is larger than El Paso, Fort Worth, and San Antonio combined (something like that). Anyway, it's supposed to talk about the TMC tomorrow at 10pm on Channel 2 (KPRC). It will discuss the benefits and the complaints people have about the growth of the fastest growing cityscape.

Edited by Triton

Was it a commercial by Channel 2 for an upcoming story about that?

I was asking if it was produced BY Channel two for a story. It could have been produced by TMC.

I was asking if it was produced BY Channel two for a story. It could have been produced by TMC.

...most likely not if it is going to be on the ch2's 10pm news. they have their own producers.

I, too, think it's going to be on channel 11. I thought I saw a promo for it to air tonight. But now I can't remember which news I was watching last night.

I thought this was going to be on Ch 11 not Ch 2.

The "bigger than El Paso, Fort Worth, and San Antonio" was a rip off from the Chron.

But the Chron said the "The TMC was bigger than d/t Dallas and Ft. Worth combined".

With the Belo/DFW connection I assumed they didn't want to look too rinky dink in comparision.

So this aired at 9.30p today on CBS KHOU...I missed it. Did anyone see it? They have an associated story on KHOU.COM website I linked below...No real new information, just seems to be an extension of what was put in the chronicle. I hope they post the video soon. Interestingly, it is under the section "special advertising" on the KHOU.COM website. Not completely sure why that is. The medical center just continues to amaze me.

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/kho...er.c38b266.html

SA, El Paso and Fort Worth? Is that even saying much?

Edited by lockmat

I TIVO'ed the report and it gave basically the same information that we have on here. Nothing new except they mentioned how Devonshire is whining about being in the middle of the action.

Sorry about that everyone. I didn't realize it was KHOU. I only caught a glimpse of the commercial.

Anyway, did it mention any specific projects from the Texas Medical Centre or was it all broad and general about its expansion?

Sorry about that everyone. I didn't realize it was KHOU. I only caught a glimpse of the commercial.

Anyway, did it mention any specific projects from the Texas Medical Centre or was it all broad and general about its expansion?

the link posted above has the video.

I really don't know why those in the residential neighborhoods would be complaining. It looks pretty dumb.