Pat Robertson 2008 Prediction!

HtownWxBoy

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,319728,00.html

So much for the major terrorist attack on U.S. soil he predicted for 2007! Why isn't this man locked up in a crazy house?... isn't hearing voices something that only happens to crazy people?

Major Terrorist attacks.....We've had several dozen all over the world.

Recession....DUH! We're already heading in that direction, but I don't know about 08.

He just wants some attention. throw a dime in his cup and keep walking.

Major Terrorist attacks.....We've had several dozen all over the world.

Recession....DUH! We're already heading in that direction, but I don't know about 08.

The sad part is there are countless numbers of sheep across this country and even around the world that believe him when he says God tells him these things. :rolleyes:

Last year, Robertson predicted that a terrorist act, possibly involving a nuclear weapon, would result in mass killing in the United States. Noting that it hadn't come to pass, Robertson said, "All I can think is that somehow the people of God prayed and God in his mercy spared us."

Or, maybe you made the whole thing up?

Nicely put. Sorry Pat! I gave at the office. And not to the fundamentalists.

Speaking of giving, I broke my rule. Gave the regular corner guy at Scott Street a Christmas present. Dude is seriously a wacko addict and works his corner hard. He even had on some nasty, worn down, stained santa suit (only the top part). I gave him a 10 and some smokes. I know I shouldn't, but man, he somehow manages to stay alive even with the crazy way he dances through traffic.

I may have mentioned this in the past.

On a whim a friend gave $100 to a beggar we KNEW was a drug addict.

I was stunned, when I asked him what in the world was he thinking he replied, "Dude. Maybe he'll go on a wild drug binge and OD. If that happens, i saved the city several thousand dollars in police calls or crime victims."

Never did see him there after that, but we heard of some homeless dude that was found dead a few days later, though.

The sad part is there are countless numbers of sheep across this country and even around the world that believe him when he says God tells him these things. :rolleyes:

Doesn't 'God' also talk to the president?

I may have mentioned this in the past.

On a whim a friend gave $100 to a beggar we KNEW was a drug addict.

I was stunned, when I asked him what in the world was he thinking he replied, "Dude. Maybe he'll go on a wild drug binge and OD. If that happens, i saved the city several thousand dollars in police calls or crime victims."

Never did see him there after that, but we heard of some homeless dude that was found dead a few days later, though.

That's just creepy.

growing up in a fundamentalist environment, i understand where these people are coming from; however, there are voices of conscience, imaginary voices and what i call "a knowing". there have been times when i was young and naive and thought god was talking to me. i've come to believe that it was merely my idea of what my image of god would say. imaginary voices are, well, imaginary. "a knowing" i've only experienced two or three times in my life during times of peril or great consternation. "a knowing" i might describe as an instant paradigm shift that is diametrically opposed to my world view at the moment. it is as if the world has shifted on its axis and i am just catching up. it has always been a corrective moment of redirection that, in retrospect, has been to my benefit.

we can argue whether or not "a knowing" is god talking, but pat robertson telling viewers what is ahead for the year is arrogant, pseudo-psychic-friends and offensive to this believer.

there are voices of conscience, imaginary voices and what i call "a knowing".

I can believe that. As someone that shuns organized religion and most people's concept of 'GOD', I find that there is a knowing and a peace that you have when you are in-tune with nature and the universe.

If people want to call it 'God' then so be it ... but I have never heard it actually TALK (as in a VOICE IN MY HEAD) to me.

Archived