Har.com

KatieDidIt

Looking at Har.Com yesterday, I noticed that they are adding Foreclosure in the description right there with rooms and square footage, so why not add a foreclosure search option? Would this bring all those RIDICULOUS "pay for foreclosure listing" companies down on them? That information should be free to home searchs and obviously its not a secret if its getting listed. I say they add it.

Looking at Har.Com yesterday, I noticed that they are adding Foreclosure in the description right there with rooms and square footage, so why not add a foreclosure search option? Would this bring all those RIDICULOUS "pay for foreclosure listing" companies down on them? That information should be free to home searchs and obviously its not a secret if its getting listed. I say they add it.

I'd love it if they would add a foreclosure search/option as well. Ziprealty has one, but I'm not sure how accurate their listings are...I've seen some on HAR that aren't on Ziprealty.

Just ask your Realtor. He/she can do it for you. Of course that would only give you the ones actually listed with a Realtor. I wonder how many that would be? Half, 75%, 90%?

CyKat

I'd like for HAR to expand their search function as well to include age. They currently have it but only for new construction. I have ZERO interest in new construction. I'd like for them to have a decade search function, i.e houses built in the 1920s, 1950s, etc...

The Houston Association of Realtors has Foreclosure (or "Corporate-Owned") status, Contemporary style, and year-range search functions, but not on the consumer site...because it is an association of Realtors. Not consumers. They use this as a teaser, but ultimately, they want you to contact an agent for advanced search functions and market data.

All things considered, they actually provide one of the better consumer sites in the nation. You ought to be grateful that they have as many listings posted as they do, that the data quality is usually pretty well enforced, and that you've got as much flexibility.

What Niche said...

Having said that, I just noticed the "Foreclosure: YES" tag today and immediately went to look for it as search criteria.

As an inactive Realtor, I miss the power of the Realtor site... a lot.

The Houston Association of Realtors has Foreclosure (or "Corporate-Owned") status, Contemporary style, and year-range search functions, but not on the consumer site...because it is an association of Realtors. Not consumers. They use this as a teaser, but ultimately, they want you to contact an agent for advanced search functions and market data.

All things considered, they actually provide one of the better consumer sites in the nation. You ought to be grateful that they have as many listings posted as they do, that the data quality is usually pretty well enforced, and that you've got as much flexibility.

Oh I think its an excellent service and I get major withdrawl whenever it goes down. I just would like to see the foreclosure search option added. It has relevance in today's market and I am so sick of search engine sites profitting off what should be and is public information.

I've always thought they needed to include the Maintience fees for their condo listings. Their mortage payment calculator is unrealistic without including this fee in the cost. According to my realitor, the info is there, it's just hidden from the ordinary user.

I've always thought they needed to include the Maintience fees for their condo listings. Their mortage payment calculator is unrealistic without including this fee in the cost. According to my realitor, the info is there, it's just hidden from the ordinary user.

I correct myself. I just did a search and they now include this info. Why the hell didn't they do this last spring when I was looking? I'm still getting spam emails from the realitors I asked regarding what the maintence fees were for the condos they listed! :angry2:

you have to be a paying member of HAR. in most cases, this requires you to have a real estate license

You have to be a member of HAR and an active licensed RE professional (includes inspector, mortgage broker, appraiser, etc.)

i know because i am a member of HAR, but my license is inactive... and it sucks not having the REAL access.

• 3 weeks later...

Some/most of the foreclose listing agents are not/do not put in correct information. They also traditionally do not deal with the general public. It is hard enough for an agent to get them to respond to us when presenting a contract.

Not all the homes for sale are shown on the HAR.com, as per agent instruction. There is a command to not put the address up onto HAR.com.

The best foreclosures are gone in days. After several competitive bids are calculated.

"Short sales" are not included in the foreclose group, but do offer a good value sometimes.

Maint fees are not always correct from the foreclose agency. In the listing it says to check all infomation for accuracy.

Best bet for finding MLS generated home values? Still is a GOOD realty agent.

I check the MLS 2x daily for fresh "deals". :D

Not all the homes for sale are shown on the HAR.com, as per agent instruction. There is a command to not put the address up onto HAR.com.

Hiding the address does not keep the property from showing up on HAR. Look at http://www.har.com/5225745 for an example. You will notice that the address is not displayed. That is all that happens when an agent chooses not to display an address when entering a listing in MLS.

the new har is up and running - and has foreclosure search...

however, they still haven't figured out how to keep your search criteria when you go "back" from seeing listings... at least not in IE. I'll check firefox.

Yeah, that is kind of annoying. Maybe it's just better to open a new tab when searching so they criteria stays?

Yeah, that is kind of annoying. Maybe it's just better to open a new tab when searching so they criteria stays?

Not really digging the new format. It will take time to get used to all the clutter.

I do like the foreclosure search. It really supports my theory that a majority of the "Houston" foreclosures are out in the out laying suburbs. However I was stunned to see the number of highrises/lofts getting closed on in the Galleria area. I wonder if they were purchased on speculation or for flipping.

Not really digging the new format. It will take time to get used to all the clutter.

I do like the foreclosure search. It really supports my theory that a majority of the "Houston" foreclosures are out in the out laying suburbs. However I was stunned to see the number of highrises/lofts getting closed on in the Galleria area. I wonder if they were purchased on speculation or for flipping.

Wow, I actually really like it. I think the visual change will just take time and then it will be a non-issue. They added so many great features. Seems like they're trying to accomadate the foreign buyer as well.

however, they still haven't figured out how to keep your search criteria when you go "back" from seeing listings... at least not in IE. I'll check firefox.

oh man...there's really no need to go back to the initial search page. You can adjust your searching options from the same page of your search results, that's awesome.

I've noticed when going to the next page in search results, it loads lightning quick.

It's not so bad - a little more visual clutter with the new graphics/icons.

The foreclosure search is good ($100k at Tremont Tower!) and the multilingual search is a good start - if they could expand it to the "full" search it would be even better.

Looks like once you login, everything is the same on the password protected side.

Speaking of logging in.... Have any of you agents had trouble staying logged in even within the new 120 minute limit? Sometimes I'll log in, start a search and it sends a pop up wanting me to log in again. Sometimes multiple times in a row.

flipper

Archived