This Is Our Home, It Is Not For Sale.

LESHOMME

• 2 months later...

Jon Schwartz's landmark documentary on the first 60 years of Riverside area and the flight of whites from the areas in the 60's is now on DVD and is more than 3 hours of Houston history

I just purchased my copy, it is a 2 disc set with a bonus feature on the old Almeda movie theater. It sales for $60.00

You can purchase direct from Jon Schwartz 955 2nd St. Santa Monica Ca 90403-2447

Spikey, it would be great if you could screen the film at a civic club meeting. We have new residents who haven't seen the film, and some older residents who haven't seen the film in a while. That would be cool. Have popcorn, sodas, ok, maybe I'm thinking a little big, but you get the point. ;)

Spikey, it would be great if you could screen the film at a civic club meeting. We have new residents who haven't seen the film, and some older residents who haven't seen the film in a while. That would be cool. Have popcorn, sodas, ok, maybe I'm thinking a little big, but you get the point. ;)

I would love to see a group of people get together and watch this.

My wife and I are on the finishing touches of our 4 month remodel. Maybe we can host a viewing at the house if someone can bring their copy.

My wife and I are on the finishing touches of our 4 month remodel. Maybe we can host a viewing at the house if someone can bring their copy.

That would be fun. I have only seen bits of the film on Channel 8. Everyone could bring something. I'm sure the discussion and interaction among attendees would be entertaining.

Give me your address (PM), and I'll send you a copy for the purpose you describe.

Edited by 57Tbird

And why are you calling it a "gettogether"?

I think (hope) he meant "get-together", not "ghetto-getter". :)

Have seen this documentary years ago on television; although it had some important points to make, I thought it could have been improved by more aggressive editing. How long does it run, anyway?

I think (hope) he meant "get-together", not "ghetto-getter". :)

Have seen this documentary years ago on television; although it had some important points to make, I thought it could have been improved by more aggressive editing. How long does it run, anyway?

3 1/2 hrs.

• 2 weeks later...
Jon Schwartz's landmark documentary on the first 60 years of Riverside area and the flight of whites from the areas in the 60's is now on DVD and is more than 3 hours of Houston history

I just purchased my copy, it is a 2 disc set with a bonus feature on the old Almeda movie theater. It sales for $60.00

You can purchase direct from Jon Schwartz 955 2nd St. Santa Monica Ca 90403-2447

Are these commercially-pressed or burned (DVD-R) discs?

• 1 month later...