More Gays Pick Galveston As Spot To Live And Relax

I'm in Galveston right now, and was awakened last night by a pulsating beat coming from the gay bar across the alley...so I moved to the side of the loft facing the street, only to have to deal with a convoy of tricked out old cars with trunks open, lit in blue, cruising slowly, setting off every car alarm on the block. They parked and went inside the bar next door. At 2AM, the bar closed, and they were all flushed out onto the street at once. Probably 75 to 100 young black folks, doing all the kinds of stereotypical things that you might see in a Dave Chappelle skit. From 40 feet up, it was pretty amusing. ...and then the cops swooped in. Out came the billy clubs, and the crowd dispersed.

Didn't really get a good look at the gay throng, which would've been on the opposite side of the block, but I'd bet it was an interesting crowd, too.

Galveston is cool no matter if you are Gay, Straight, or otherwise. My wife and I love to stay at the Mermaid & The Dolphin, talk about peaceful, it's heaven to us. No Kids no Pets just peace and quiet. I think it use to be the Governor's Summer hangout years and years ago. We first found it in 1998 when it had just been re-done and go back several times a year, ever since.

Yay for Gays!

Your bare-butted gentlemen avatar has been removed. Below is the approriate guideline.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

Archived