Gables Post Oak: Multifamily At 1875 Post Oak Park Dr.

lockmat

• 3 weeks later...
Still, nobody knows?

This is what live.com is showing as the address, but when I drove by it was cleared.

Live.com aren't atually live or even current., so its probably that same one. The shots of our house are at least 8 months old. Previous owners cars are in the driveway. Shot of our previous house are at least 3 years old because the yard hadn't been landscaped.

Demo and Plumbing permits pulled say Baypark is the owner. WOnder who that is. Swamplots says its going to be commercial.

Edited by KatieDidIt

Yeah, that's what I figured.

But has anyone at least seen this same site as well in person and can confirm that it looks like something is gonna be built there?

Is there some source I can go to to try and research what's goin on; like who owns it, bought it, etc?

This is the tax record ownership history:

9/1/2006: LG LAW AP

9/5/2002: BAYPARK 4615 POST OAK LTD

Like Katie mentioned, the permit lists Baypark as the owner, but permits are notorious for having previous owners listed, not current.

Baypark 4615 and Baypark Properties Inc. are owned by someone named Douglas D. Walt -

I can't find anything on LG Law...

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I'm not sure if this project is mentioned anywhere else here on HAIF but I was in Houston for my nephew's graduation last weekend and noticed 2 cranes in the Galleria/Uptown area near the St Regis Hotel and was surprised that no one here has mentioned it. I searched the net but could not find any renderings, just a brief mention from this development/consulting firm http://reddcore.com/projects.php.

I'm excited about this upscale "8-story" Gables Project as I think the Uptown area needs more of these types of developments to become more walkable/livable in the future. If this project is anything like Gables' Memorial Hills project or its West Ave apartments then it should be a great addition to what I call the "forgotten side" of Uptown (just inside the loop).

It looks like Houston is finally leaving the recession in its wake and beginning to start some of its long delayed projects from the last couple of years.

Atlanta is dead right now as far as new development goes, so Houston it's your time to shine!

• Like 3

I had been seeing these for about 2 weeks now. It's right across the freeway from me. By the time I get home everyday, I've either forgotten to bring it up, or was too tired to look it up. Thanks for posting it!

And that project list shows a lot of work around Houston. That's definitely encouraging.

• 3 weeks later...

This was mentioned in the 4615 Post Oak Place Thread but I think it deserves its own thread. This is what the two cranes are for in the Galleria area just inside the loop.

From Nancy Sarnoff's Blog on chron.com

Here’s what the city’s newest luxury apartment complex will look like.

Gables Residential is under construction on this mid-rise project at the intersection of Post Oak Park and Post Oak Place.

Tucked just inside the West Loop, the complex will have 316 units in 8 stories. Gables expects a summer 2012 opening....

Link

Gablespost-Oak.jpg

Edited by yaga

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it is located on the corner or POST OAK Place and POST OAK Parkway, and 100 yards from POST OAK Park.

Sounds enough like Post Oak to me. Anyhow, even if it weren't, there seems to be a "close enough rule" as I call it... even if it isn't actually in the area, if it's adjacent to it, that's close enough to use that area as a selling point. Sellers make money, buyers go for it and regurgitate that selling point when they tell people where they moved to.

& I was wondering what these cranes were a few days ago, and then I find this thread... ahhh fate smiles upon me.

And on a side note I'm going to be Captain Obvious here, but the explosion of luxury residential low, mid and high rises in the Galleria/Post Oak/River Oaks/Upper Kirby/Greenway area has been astronomical in the past 3 years or so. I always like to ask, Why? Must have something to do with Houston having the most growth nationwide of Millionaires and wealthy people perhaps?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sounds enough like Post Oak to me. Anyhow, even if it weren't, there seems to be a "close enough rule" as I call it... even if it isn't actually in the area, if it's adjacent to it, that's close enough to use that area as a selling point. Sellers make money, buyers go for it and regurgitate that selling point when they tell people where they moved to.

& I was wondering what these cranes were a few days ago, and then I find this thread... ahhh fate smiles upon me.

And on a side note I'm going to be Captain Obvious here, but the explosion of luxury residential low, mid and high rises in the Galleria/Post Oak/River Oaks/Upper Kirby/Greenway area has been astronomical in the past 3 years or so. I always like to ask, Why? Must have something to do with Houston having the most growth nationwide of Millionaires and wealthy people perhaps?

My guess, there are two main things happening.

First, a lot of post recession transplants from the northeast/west cost where rent is much higher, high priced areas in Houston still seem low or moderate especially when you factor in Texas has no state income tax.

The second, generational changes. http://www.newcoloni...boomerboom.html

Edited by Nick_G

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

i like that we are seeing more and more of these 5-8 story apartments going up inside the loop. this is the type of feasible infill Houston's core needs.

The more of these we see go up (which will take quite a few, I'm sure), the better architecture and taller buildings we'll see, right? That is, as long as the east end doesn't get too popular.