Ali G And Borat No Longer With Us

DJ V Lawrence

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headli...nt/5397286.html

Borat is dead.

Sacha Baron Cohen tells The Daily Telegraph that he's retiring the clueless Kazakh journalist, as well as his alter ego, aspiring rapper Ali G.

"When I was being Ali G and Borat I was in character sometimes 14 hours a day and I came to love them, so admitting I am never going to play them again is quite a sad thing," the 36-year-old actor-comedian says in the British newspaper's Friday edition.

"It is like saying goodbye to a loved one. It is hard, and the problem with success, although it's fantastic, is that every new person who sees the Borat movie is one less person I 'get' with Borat again, so it's a kind of self-defeating form, really."

Dearly beloved....

Yeah, that sucks, but it was fun while it lasted. Ali G also happens to be my avatar -_- When you play characters that have had their own movies like those two, they can only last so long before everyone already knows who you are. Here are my three favorite Ali G / Borat interviews...

3. Ali G in Wales:

2. Borat learning how to date American women:

1. Probably the most famous interview of Ali G's career, Victoria and David Beckham:

I thought Borat was OK, but Ali G. was about as entertaining as Punk'd and the Jerkey Boys. There are certain people in the world who find humor in creating grief for other people. I'm not one of them.

All of these replies are so hilarious I dont know which one to respond to!

This is just another prime example of "Here today, gone tomorrow" or rather a "Flash in the Pan".

Trendiness will never go away. Toss em in the "has-been" trash barrel. Good riddance! >:)

Archived