Buc-ees Coming To Northwest Harris County

WheelNut

We still stop at the Buc-ees in Giddings anytime we are going to or from Austin. The beef jerky is really good, though expensive. Also, the little pies and other baked goods aren't bad...as far as filling stations go, this is a good one I guess...

I've recently been introduced to Buc-ees through my business travel to outlying towns such as El Campo, West Columbia, Alvin, etc... They are very impressive. Clean, spacious, well stocked, friendly and attentive service.

Their bathrooms are phenomenal. Contrast that with a local gas station/store that I stopped at recently on 59 towards Victoria. They had a big sign on the way to the bathrooms that read RESTROOMS FOR PAYING CUSTOMERS ONLY. I used them anyway, without buying something. Gee thanks. I won't come back, don't worry about me!

I thought the idea was to have traffic into your store. I guess these geniuses know something the rest of us don't.

• 4 months later...

...there's one on the way to Austin... I don't understand the obsession with this place... PACKED. I think their logo is kinda like those logos on kid's cereal... it mysteriously draws you in. Forget Starbucks (stock)... buy Buc-ees, if they ever go public.

The one by SCR by my office is the best lunch place around there. Doesn't say much about the rest of the crap available around there. Always the cheapest gas too. My favorite thing about Buc-ee's is the billboard the have way the hell in Louisiana that says "only 280 more miles [to Buc-ee's]...you can hold it!"

The gas tanks were on the Northwest corner of 290 and Mueschke. I wrote them a while back and they said they were trying to make it happen, whatever that may mean. I am wishful thinking that the tanks mean it is going to happen.

I didn't know about one in Waller - where is it? That doesn't make too much sense only 20 miles away; so maybe I'm wrong and it's just a regular gas station. That would be a pity.

The gas tanks were on the Northwest corner of 290 and Mueschke. I wrote them a while back and they said they were trying to make it happen, whatever that may mean. I am wishful thinking that the tanks mean it is going to happen.

I didn't know about one in Waller - where is it? That doesn't make too much sense only 20 miles away; so maybe I'm wrong and it's just a regular gas station. That would be a pity.

I think it's at 290 and 362. There was an article in the Waller newspaper a month or so back about the city of Waller giving them tax credits for the new location.

• 3 weeks later...

And for my first post, perfect....DH is going to be thrilled when he hears this. He has the shirt, sings Buc-ees' praises, and isn't much for unnecessary compliments in general. I was at the one in Luling this week, and the signs all around cracked me up. "Your Throne Awaits! Clean Restrooms Ahead." :lol:

There were three employees arranging artwork in, get this, the bathroom. Like it is sold (it is for sale, BTW) so quickly they can't fill the spots fast enough.

Good service, great selection, cleanest place *ever*.

Very cool news.

that little road has to be improved.....I was on it this weekend and same fate as old spring cypress eventaully

They have already started moving the trees in the easements and the utility poles have been moved also

The Buc-ee's location on Highway 290 and Mueschke Road in Cypress will also feature a state-of-the art car wash just like their store in Lake Jackson pictured below.

carwash29-0sm.jpg

carwash29-4sm.jpg

carwash29-3sm.jpg

Car washes will also be built at the new Fort Bend County (I believe on Crabb River Rd. & Hwy. 59) store, and at their Pearland store on Hwy. 288 and Shadow Creek Parkway, which has been open for almost a year now.

Buc-ee's is also building new stores in Wharton on Hwy. 59 and in Madisonville on Interstate 45. Once the Madisonville store is completed, it will take the throne as the largest Buc-ee's store. Yes, larger than the Lake Jackson, Luling, & Pearland stores. I know, I can

• The title was changed to Buc-ees Coming To Northwest Harris County

Archived