Funny Ad

strangelight

This ad comes from the latest Dwell magazine. For all I know it may be old, but I hadn't seen it before. It made my day...

"my mom did a fancy finger painting on the wall in orange and yellow. then she got a bunch of paint and made a swirly painting. that was hot stuff then. that was before she went country clutter." - Paul Frank

So, my mom wasn't the only one who went country clutter!

Jason

This ad comes from the latest Dwell magazine.  For all I know it may be old, but I hadn't seen it before.  It made my day...

"my mom did a fancy finger painting on the wall in orange and yellow.  then she got a bunch of paint and made a swirly painting.  that was hot stuff then.  that was before she went country clutter." - Paul Frank

So, my mom wasn't the only one who went country clutter!

Jason

Is this a Japanese translation? I can't make sense of what it says, or what you are trying to say. This is an ad? For what product?

Country Clutter is a decorating style with lots of valentine hearts, knicknacks, red white and blue, stars, flowers, stenciling, watering cans, americana, quilts, birdhouses...

Jason

Didn't that style originate on front lawns in Pasadena? :lol:

I'm not sure what causes it, but it happened to my mom, too. She was a Manhattan business woman for as long as I'd known her -- all business suits and subway tokens. Three years after she retired and started doing the "Frasier" thing with my sister, she's decorating her kitchen in chickens and making home-made birdhouses. I have no idea what happened.

Archived