Aama Learning Center

Located between Wayside and The old Howard Johnson's on 45 is a new project. I noticed they had razed a good portion of the old Office City one level center. This new building is sure to spark interest in the area. I am jusy happy to see that it is of modern design and will be very visible from 45. Let's keep the momentum going!

It's a miracle I tell you!

ALC.jpg

http://www.aamainc.us/en/art/?75

Located between Wayside and The old Howard Johnson's on 45 is a new project. I noticed they had razed a good portion of the old Office City one level center. This new building is sure to spark interest in the area. I am jusy happy to see that it is of modern design and will be very visible from 45. Let's keep the momentum going!

looks great...i have been wondering what was going up there.

i could be wrong but i dont think there was an Office City building there. The Office City complex is south of Woodridge

looks great...i have been wondering what was going up there.

i could be wrong but i dont think there was an Office City building there. The Office City complex is south of Woodridge

It has always been a sprawled out one level complex. I guess we forgot the original name. We had a friend who's mom worked there as a admin in the 70's. There was also a somewhat discreet or totally non advertised swank/lounge within. Must have closed years ago as nabe changed (obvious).

This new building better maintain it's nice modern beauty. Now if only they can demolish that hideous mural/graffiti ravaged building across the street (old Oshman's bldg). I will light the fuse with pure delight! >:)

Not to mention that apt complex towards the back, Super pure delight!!!

ALC.jpg

http://www.aamainc.us/en/art/?75

A very distinctive design. It looks a little like the high school that Judy Jetson went to.

That stretch of freeway is definitely moving up from its recent drabby/shabby past. Next in line for upgrading would be the former Oshman's and the bayou bank where those old apartments are right next to this site. The potential for something sweet eventually in that spot is high.

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing this new structure rise up and spread out is like a dream come true! Hallelujah!

This may be the spark that sets the tone of growth and a comeback for this immediate area. Would love to see everything surrounding AAMA leveled and new development set in.

Now across the frwy from where that old Helena Hotel then later turned to Island Club, then seafood restuarant abandoned place. It's just sitting there begging to be demolished. That whole corner lot is big enough for a 30 story condo. Hines Dev where are you?

Would give our city such a fantastic entry view into downtown. I'll buy shovels with Haif insignia on them for groundbreaking ceremonies! :P

• 2 months later...

The progress is coming along nicely, however; once completed it will not appear so beautiful because of the old Oshman's building across the street as a backdrop. There is a big lease sign on that old thing but it needs to be removed and replaced with something more modern to add contrast to this new AAMA facility.

Perhaps AAMA could have tall pines trees added on the side to cover that gross old building. The grafitti only fuels the ugliness. :)

Archived