CityCentre: Mixed-Use Development At 800 Town And Country Blvd.

Parrothead

I wonder why they call it City Centre. It's not very near the geo center of the city. Perhaps closer to the pop center. Still... come on...

Well, its the center of "West Houston." The city is getting so large and so hard to get around its causing the trend of all these centers and market areas to be constructed. They serve the "little towns" that are within the city.

This project has to be careful with the tenants though, unlike the suburbs the shopping could be very redundant if they don't choose wisely. So far I think they are being a little more original, except for Bistro and Flemings.

I wonder why they call it City Centre. It's not very near the geo center of the city. Perhaps closer to the pop center. Still... come on...

This is the answer:

Two million people can access the site within 20 minutes

280,000 cars per day travel on Interstate 10 and 175,000 cars per day on Beltway 8

77024 is the wealthiest zip code in Texas and fourth in the nation

Memorial has the highest per capita and household income in Houston

Located at the intersection of Interstate 10 and Beltway 8, the demographic center of the Houston area

Edited by SpringShadows

who the hell is gonna buy those townhouses? the frames are already up, if the project stays at this rate, move in date will be just in time for 1.5 more years of construction all around you.

the street they face is highly trafficed now...just imagine when the 5-7+ more buildings get finished.

maybe im crazy but i never imagined my $500k+ townhouse being positioned between 2 huge shopping centers and a row of restaurants, bordered by the 2 biggest landing strip freeways in texas. with only 5 friends beside you to share in the misery

and yes i realize this sounds IDEAL to some, but i cant get into that mold. the conjestion would annoy me to no end. at least with high rises you can be in the middle of it all and still Above everything

You forgot to mention the lovely view of the loading dock at the post office across the street. At least it's convenient if you have something to mail.

Located at the intersection of Interstate 10 and Beltway 8, the demographic center of the Houston area

What is a "demographic center"? I can sort of understand the center of a demographic, but I can't get my head around Houston having a "demographic center".

Edited by memebag

Driving by the area, I took my usual view of the Hospital under construction when I looked at the old Hotel (Renaissance hotel?) and saw that it at a "Four Points" logo on it now.

Is this thing already open and when did THAT happen? I always thought that building might be demo'ed or another use of it would be done.

Driving by the area, I took my usual view of the Hospital under construction when I looked at the old Hotel (Renaissance hotel?) and saw that it at a "Four Points" logo on it now.

Is this thing already open and when did THAT happen? I always thought that building might be demo'ed or another use of it would be done.

The logo for Four Points has been up for a few weeks. At one point in time, I remember reading about a possible demo. However, that changed last year. After Katrina, I know it was at capacity for an oil comany (I think oil).

From what I understand, they've been doing some mild renovation work over the past couple of weeks. I have no idea of the specifics, however,

Here is the article:

Link

As part of that effort, MetroNational had purchased the Radisson Suite Hotel Houston West at the southeast corner of Interstate 10 and Beltway 8. That property will now be converted into The Four Points by Sheraton Houston, Memorial City, a 170-room hotel that is expected to open this summer.

Here is the article:

Link

Its starting to go up pretty fast now. T&C Village and Town Center now blend in the semi-completed areas. Can't wait for some of the eateries!

Memorial Herman is shaping up too. Still not too sure about the tower. The whole look of the area really has been changed in the past year.

• 3 weeks later...

A sign out front says the renovated hotel will open in late March.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure where the residential portion is, specifically the brownstones. I've only driven by the project via the on ramps to I10. It looks pretty amazing with about 5 cranes at Town and Country and then Memorial City mall area rising in the background.

I think the brownstones are on the northeast side near the Luby's.

I'm not sure where the residential portion is, specifically the brownstones. I've only driven by the project via the on ramps to I10. It looks pretty amazing with about 5 cranes at Town and Country and then Memorial City mall area rising in the background.

Across the street from the Post Office.

• 5 weeks later...