CityCentre: Mixed-Use Development At 800 Town And Country Blvd.

Parrothead

I'm glad about McCormmicks too. Not really crazy about another Flemings, which seems to pop up in all these "market street" places.

I'd love to see a Berings pop in there. If its a "lifestyle area," a great little hardware store would be a great addition...and for West Houston too. Houston also needs another Central Market, but I don't think they are planning any real ones around Houston at this point.

This whole area seems to be coming to life and its so neat to see. Now if only someone would get ahold of Memorial west of Kirkwood and spiff it up. They have started at the corner, but they need to keep on going.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I'm glad about McCormmicks too. Not really crazy about another Flemings, which seems to pop up in all these "market street" places.

I'd love to see a Berings pop in there. If its a "lifestyle area," a great little hardware store would be a great addition...and for West Houston too. Houston also needs another Central Market, but I don't think they are planning any real ones around Houston at this point.

This whole area seems to be coming to life and its so neat to see. Now if only someone would get ahold of Memorial west of Kirkwood and spiff it up. They have started at the corner, but they need to keep on going.

Since Whole Foods and Central Market aren't likely, what are some other upscale grocery possibilities for City Centre?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think there's a new citycentre project going up. I thought I'd post it here just in case it's part of this project, but I don't think it is. HERE is the site plan for this thread's project.

But under "Projects in Planning" here is another CityCentre development. It's 370 units. This thread's multifamily buildings don't have this amount.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

who the hell is gonna buy those townhouses? the frames are already up, if the project stays at this rate, move in date will be just in time for 1.5 more years of construction all around you.

the street they face is highly trafficed now...just imagine when the 5-7+ more buildings get finished.

maybe im crazy but i never imagined my $500k+ townhouse being positioned between 2 huge shopping centers and a row of restaurants, bordered by the 2 biggest landing strip freeways in texas. with only 5 friends beside you to share in the misery

maybe im crazy but i never imagined my $500k+ townhouse being positioned between 2 huge shopping centers and a row of restaurants, bordered by the 2 biggest landing strip freeways in texas. with only 5 friends beside you to share in the misery

and yes i realize this sounds IDEAL to some, but i cant get into that mold. the conjestion would annoy me to no end. at least with high rises you can be in the middle of it all and still Above everything

who the hell is gonna buy those townhouses? the frames are already up, if the project stays at this rate, move in date will be just in time for 1.5 more years of construction all around you.

the street they face is highly trafficed now...just imagine when the 5-7+ more buildings get finished.

and yes i realize this sounds IDEAL to some, but i cant get into that mold. the conjestion would annoy me to no end. at least with high rises you can be in the middle of it all and still Above everything

Too me buying a Brownstone for over 850k in Memorial makes far more sense than buying a Brownstone for the same price in Kingwood or the Woodlands. You can get a McMansion for that up there. Urban living in an urban area is desirable.

I agree, you can't hear the freeway from there. Once more buildings go up, the more the noise will be cut down. Its urban living in an urban area.

Forgive my ignorance, but where exactly is this thing going up? I was at Memorial City Mall the other day with my fiance and all i saw was the Hospital directly across the street on the other side of Gessner. I even tried driving around a bit and couldn't find this development so i guess that means its not where i thought it was. Is it on the other side of I-10 opposite Memorial City mall?

Nah, its on the SE corner of the Beltway 8 and I-10 interchange.

Thanks Trae. That kind of makes me even more mad that they left light rail out of the I-10 plan. What were they thinking? That could've really drawn more pedestrians from around the city. I don't see how a pedestrian development won't be Transit oriented. Bad planning Houston, Bad planning! :angry: