CityCentre: Mixed-Use Development At 800 Town And Country Blvd.

Parrothead

U really are not asking that? Mixed use is when a project will be built with multipurpose as in ground floor retail, above office space and/or residential. if the galleria added residential space it would no longer just be a mall it would be a tiny city that could be called "mixed use" the galleria already has office, retail, entertainment, Hotel, restaurants, and service oriented businesses like Nail shops. I think the galleria could use a police substation if it does not already have one

The Galleria always have Simon Security.

The residential component to the Galleria is being looked into by the Simon Group and they are looking at the Macy's location to do this.

But do they have a police substation; at the Katy mills the police have a substation as a store front. That is what I had in mind.

Why not build residential over the surface parking lots. I know some have parking under ground and that would mean that they could fill in under utilized vertical space. Like on the corner of Westheimer and post oak adjacent to the Neiman

The surface areas are Valet Parking. They aren't going anywhere. There's more parking than they know what do with at the Galleria. If you can't find a place, then you haven't looked in the right spot (even during the Christmas Shopping season).

The Macy's store is an underutilized space right now. It's a horrible location for a store considering it doesn't interface well with the rest of the mall.

The surface areas are Valet Parking.  They aren't going anywhere.  There's more parking than they know what do with at the Galleria.  If you can't find a place, then you haven't looked in the right spot (even during the Christmas Shopping season).

The Macy's store is an underutilized space right now.  It's a horrible location for a store considering it doesn't interface well with the rest of the mall.

Oh please! I think a building with Luxury apartments would yield higher profits then Valet parking. Valet parking can be anywhere just as long as they allow for the space.

kjb434 picture this all the parking lots adjacent to the mall along Westheimer and Post Oak converted into mixed use residential project. With ground floor shops facing the mall along Neiman on down to the Cheesecake Factory and all the way down to the old Lord and Taylor location.

Then the ground floor shops could be connected to the mall by way of a bridge to the second floor where more shops could be built. Think of ground level shops along the street could resemble that of a denser city.

I can already imagine a Starbucks on the opposite corner of the one already on Westheimer and Post Oak.

Of course, parking for valet could bet placed in the under ground portions of the building and residents could have parking in a parking structure above first and second floor shops. Above that have the residential of the luxury apartments could have their amenities like a gym spa and all that cool stuff.

Which Macy

The original Macy's Location is were Simon is looking to put the residential according the Houston Business Journal article. No plans exist for the surface parking areas. The Lord and Taylor location is to be small shops.

Simon will not be building new retail square footage with all the space they are going to get with the Lord and Taylor room.

Best Buy needs to stay where they are. I don't want to see a large Best Buy sign hanging on the Galleria.

Guest Plastic

You never know, we've got a Target at Memorial City.

I think they shoudl build somethng with a little something of everythig in Macy's space.

That or a Virgin Megastore.

Yo, do you guys think Memorial City - Town & Country will become another Uptown/Downtown?

What the area is lacking is interconnecting streets from Memorial City to Town & Country. They have them but no major streets. Right now you have to either drive on the feeder road of the I-10, or drive through the maze of neighborhood streets.

If this problem is solved anything is possible. Oh and that takes leadership and economic incentive.

i.e.

Developers that are willing to do this and city officials willing allocate funds for infrastructure to improve the area. How ever I don

Well Memorial City is becoming it's own version of Uptown without Town and Country.  Once the $700 million mixed use development is finished, they will have office and residential towers and a more urban core.

KJB you think that being that MC is in such a small spot surrounded by neighborhood that are white and affluent, these neighborhood don

Well Memorial City is becoming it's own version of Uptown without Town and Country.  Once the $700 million mixed use development is finished, they will have office and residential towers and a more urban core.

Mixed use where?

I know they are building this somethng across for Memorial on Gessner. They say it's gonna be some sort of hotel for The Hospital

And Lord And Taylor's leaving from The Galleria also?

The Galleria always have Simon Security.

The residential component to the Galleria is being looked into by the Simon Group and they are looking at the Macy's location to do this.

I'm not really happy to hear that the old Macy's could be turned into a residential tower. I've always thought what if Saks Fifth Avenue would move there and that way they could turn Saks into more stores and that way Galleria 3 would be more easy to access, either that or Macy's turned into more stores that could be easily accessed through a tunnel like passage that could be drill in Galleria 2 that would go through the parking garage into Galleria 3. They could use those automatic sidewalks that you just stand there and they move you like the ones in Las Vegas.

That's just my thoughts I always hate how weird it is to access Galleria 3........

Does anyone know when Midway is scheduled to start on CityCentre (where T&C mall used to be)? It's been a grassy eyesore for months now. There are signs all around on the cyclone fencing about their financing being approved by Amegy Bank. They were put there in the last month or so.

Anyone have a clue? :huh:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here you go.

Hotel first in Houston for local developer

Jennifer Dawson

Houston Business Journal

A Houston hotel developer with no local properties plans to launch an entirely new concept as the firm's first hometown project.

The Valencia Group, developer of the four-star Hotel Valencia Riverwalk in San Antonio, is creating a new property brand called Hotel Elle.

Valencia and Midway Cos. are working on a deal that would put the first Hotel Elle in Midway's mixed-use redevelopment of the old Town & Country Mall site in west Houston.

Valencia and Midway acknowledge that negotiations are taking place, but say nothing has been finalized. Valencia folks also say details about Hotel Elle are too preliminary to release.

Link to HBJ article

• Like 1

Jennifer Dawson

Houston Business Journal

A Houston hotel developer with no local properties plans to launch an entirely new concept as the firm's first hometown project.

The Valencia Group, developer of the four-star Hotel Valencia Riverwalk in San Antonio, is creating a new property brand called Hotel Elle.

Valencia and Midway Cos. are working on a deal that would put the first Hotel Elle in Midway's mixed-use redevelopment of the old Town & Country Mall site in west Houston.

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/sto.../21/story2.html

Jennifer Dawson

Houston Business Journal

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/sto.../21/story2.html

I saw this same story on MSNBC. That's hot news, yo. Can't wait to see the concept of the hotel.