CityCentre: Mixed-Use Development At 800 Town And Country Blvd.

Parrothead

WOOHOO!! Just got back from a meeting - my company will be moving there in early 2009!!

All the ground floors will be retail in the buildings. We'll have 4 floors in a 6-story building across from the G-3 parking garage. No more dividing everyone into groups for 3 meetings - the movie theater will be available, and seats 400. No more dealing with Richmond-at-the-Beltway traffic to get lunch or go to the bank. I wish we could move tomorrow.

Edited by Native Montrosian

• 2 months later...
Oh, I heard about this thing. I made a thread on it (it might have been at my Atlanta board's Houston section).

I'll post what I posted over there, here:

City Centre: Houston

masterplan.jpg

This development is where the old Town&Country mall was. Website is here: http://www.citycentrehouston.com/citycentre/index.php

Total Retail Space: 560,000 sf

Total Surface/On-Street Parking: 344 Spaces

Total Garage Parking: 3,577 spacess

siteplan_lg.jpg

Some renderings:

location.jpg

vision.jpg

^^New Residential^^

living.jpg

map.jpg

More:

p_tcaerial3.jpg

p_tcaerial2.jpg

p_tcaerial.jpg

More: Town & Country Redevelopment

That one picture looks like it has a Z Tejas (www.ztejas.com) in it. Anyone have any confirmation on that? That place started in Austin and is awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What's going on with this project? There has not been any activity lately and now they are actually taking some of the fences down. Did it tank or has the freeway construction in the area stauled it?

Also, I was a little disappointed to see many of the same chain, suburban resturants going in that are at all the fake "town" centers. This is Houston, bring on the flavor and the funk. There seem to be a few individual ones, but Brio and all other blandbrands are cramming in too.

Edited by KatieDidIt

What's going on with this project? There has not been any activity lately and now they are actually taking some of the fences down. Did it tank or has the freeway construction in the area stauled it?

Also, I was a little disappointed to see many of the same chain, suburban resturants going in that are at all the fake "town" centers. This is Houston, bring on the flavor and the funk. There seem to be a few individual ones, but Brio and all other blandbrands are cramming in too.

Fence is coming down, so we can tresspass!

Not sure what your seeing, but there has been construction daily.

You mean besides that large building that's starting to go up and all the activity throughout the site? :blink:

You mean besides that large building that's starting to go up and all the activity throughout the site? :blink:

The large building is the Memorial City area.

Maybe I am missing sounding, but I am not aware of any new construction at the Town and Country site.

The large building is the Memorial City area.

Maybe I am missing sounding, but I am not aware of any new construction at the Town and Country site.

Are you familiar with Town & Country? It is between Memorial and I-10 on the Beltway 8. There has been activity daily.

Are you familiar with Town & Country? It is between Memorial and I-10 on the Beltway 8. There has been activity daily.

Have not been around the area lately, and most of the construction talk recently has been around the Memorial City area.

I stand corrected.

Interested in some photos if anyone has them btw.

I can confirm as of yesterday that the skeleton of a three-story (or taller) building is present and there are at least a half dozen bulldozers and backhoes on site. Part of the problem is that the location of the core construction activity can be obscured by some of the existing structures surrounding it. The best views are from the overpasses that connect the Tollway to the Katy Freeway westbound. What's also cool is that you can envision the amount of activity this area will enjoy when both Memorial City and T&C are all full build. It's an impressive little piece of real estate when viewed from above.

I can confirm as of yesterday that the skeleton of a three-story (or taller) building is present and there are at least a half dozen bulldozers and backhoes on site. Part of the problem is that the location of the core construction activity can be obscured by some of the existing structures surrounding it. The best views are from the overpasses that connect the Tollway to the Katy Freeway westbound. What's also cool is that you can envision the amount of activity this area will enjoy when both Memorial City and T&C are all full build. It's an impressive little piece of real estate when viewed from above.

I may have crossed your path yesterday Hizzy. The building your speaking of is actually up to it's 5th story, and they've got another one going up with pre fabricated walls right on the beltway frontage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
...also found out that two of the restaurants going into the expansion in Town & Country Village are McCormick and Schmick's and Fleming's Steakhouse. Also, the old spot once occupied by Woodlake Travel is sporting a banner that says "Japanese/Sushi Restaurant Coming Soon" - sweet!

ARRR, me can'ts waits for some good seafood matey!