CityCentre: Mixed-Use Development At 800 Town And Country Blvd.

Parrothead

Interesting. Too far out for me to drive to just to look around... Looks nice though. Is this area the demographic center of Houston or the Houston Metro area? I find this difficult to believe. This certainly does not appear to be from looking at some maps. Perhaps this was inferred from the 2000 Census. I'd be interested to know what the latest Census reveals.

Too far out? It's a 15-minute drive from downtown.

Ah. Therein lies my initial confusion. Demographic center is very different than the median/max/average income of a particular zip code. This guy seems to not know the difference.

Am I supposed to be "this guy"?

I wonder why they call it City Centre. It's not very near the geo center of the city. Perhaps closer to the pop center. Still... come on...

You calling me confused LOL?!

And my response to you two bloody years ago on this very same matter...

This is the answer:

Two million people can access the site within 20 minutes

280,000 cars per day travel on Interstate 10 and 175,000 cars per day on Beltway 8

77024 is the wealthiest zip code in Texas and fourth in the nation

Memorial has the highest per capita and household income in Houston

Located at the intersection of Interstate 10 and Beltway 8, the demographic center of the Houston area

So... when you say "This Guy' doesn't know the difference, you'd better be describing yourself.

Edited by SpringShadows
  • Like 1

Am I supposed to be "this guy"?

You calling me confused LOL?!

And my response to you two bloody years ago on this very same matter...

So... when you say "This Guy' doesn't know the difference, you'd better be describing yourself.

I was not describing you. However if you so wish I do have some choice terms I can use. I'd rather not use them here though. I wonder as to the source of this "demographic center of the Houston area"?

Edited by LTAWACS

I was not describing you. However if you so wish I do have some choice terms I can use. I'd rather not use them here though. I wonder as to the source of this "demographic center of the Houston area"?

My bad, I thought you were flaming me, sorry if I was a dick about it. No need for choice words.

As to where the numbers came from, ultimately I do not know but I got them from a promotional pdf issued by CityCenter on their website very early on. It isn't up anymore and can't remember if the sourced thier data.

My bad, I thought you were flaming me, sorry if I was a dick about it. No need for choice words.

As to where the numbers came from, ultimately I do not know but I got them from a promotional pdf issued by CityCenter on their website very early on. It isn't up anymore and can't remember if the sourced thier data.

No worries. Not only would you feel hot when I'm flaming you... but cool at the same time... :)

Anyway... I will do some digging to find this demographic center of Houston... Im sure it's not way out there in Shitty Centre... I can look at a map of the Houston metro and tell you that it's not... just have to prove it... if so... then they are liars...

You won't find any proof because "demographic center" is a vague marketing phrase. You need to be able to define what it means before you can prove it. Further, not sure why you choose to call it "Shitty Centre" when you admitted earlier that you've never visited it. Since it's clearly not worth your time to drive 15 minutes, let me assure you that "Shitty Centre" is everything that you hope that West Ave, Regent Square, and other pending inside the loop developments hope to be when they grow up.

Why do you call it that? Ive been "all the way out there" a couple of times and it's a great area.....it takes less time to get there since I-10 is finished -- it's a very easy drive...

You forgot the words, "So far."

Give it a couple of years.

You won't find any proof because "demographic center" is a vague marketing phrase. You need to be able to define what it means before you can prove it. Further, not sure why you choose to call it "Shitty Centre" when you admitted earlier that you've never visited it. Since it's clearly not worth your time to drive 15 minutes, let me assure you that "Shitty Centre" is everything that you hope that West Ave, Regent Square, and other pending inside the loop developments hope to be when they grow up.

It was a slip of the tongue.

• 2 weeks later...

in my opinion, using the word demographic as they are, it's marketing fluff.

as I understand it, demographics are nothing more than social statistics of the human population.

the 'demographic center of houston' can not be a location.

I think the key is that there are at least 20 definitions of the word center, all having different meanings.

it can specify a location; it can be a position on a football team, basketball team, or hockey team; it can be a place in a baseball field; in math, it can be the mean; there's a lot of different definitions.

I'd probably venture to guess that 'center' as they are using it is defined as a principal point, or gathering location.

I like gathering location, as in this is the place in Houston where people of all different demographics gather... It's true, and it also describes about a million other places because it is so vague, which is why it is marketing fluff.

• Like 1

That's ok, LTAWACS is going to give us the answer any day now.

Basically Samagon is correct. What I plan on doing is obtaining the population of each zip code in Houston (that's as granular as the data comes I think) and plotting those one a map. It should be easy to calculate the incenter once this is done... Give me some time.

And yes it is pure marketing fluff. This is why I doubt it's THE demographic center of the Houston area. Anyway I'll do my best. :)

• 2 months later...

I can't imagine something so far out not being a bad location for a huge number of ppl.

As Red said to you a few months ago: "Your posts make my ears bleed"... Really LTAWACS, you need to halt your false urban elitism comments. They're very unimpressive and make you sound like a baffoon.

• Like 2

Basically Samagon is correct. What I plan on doing is obtaining the population of each zip code in Houston (that's as granular as the data comes I think) and plotting those one a map. It should be easy to calculate the incenter once this is done... Give me some time.

And yes it is pure marketing fluff. This is why I doubt it's THE demographic center of the Houston area. Anyway I'll do my best. :)

Ok, it's been almost three and a half months since your research was to begin. Can you enlighten us, or do you need more time?

Over-Analysis Fail - Just read the back and forth on the demographics and if this is the center of Houston.

People, It's a name. It's marketing. It's no more the center of the city (in any form) than West Ave is in West Houston.. and it doesn't matter.

The developers could have named it Philadelphia Center or TurdBurger Plaza.. There is Zero meaning behind the name.

• Like 1

Over-Analysis Fail - Just read the back and forth on the demographics and if this is the center of Houston.

People, It's a name. It's marketing. It's no more the center of the city (in any form) than West Ave is in West Houston.. and it doesn't matter.

The developers could have named it Philadelphia Center or TurdBurger Plaza.. There is Zero meaning behind the name.

That's exactly what I've been trying to show them... however, some of them insist that this is "the center of houston" or "this is the demographic center of houston" or "this is houston's center of population"... UGH.

• Like 3

Personally, I think the entire argument is goofy. I was just having some fun at LTAWACS expense.

That's exactly what I've been trying to show them...

No it's not...

• Like 2

That's exactly what I've been trying to show them... however, some of them insist that this is "the center of houston" or "this is the demographic center of houston" or "this is houston's center of population"... UGH.

You started the whole stupid conversation. UGH

Interesting. Too far out for me to drive to just to look around... Looks nice though. Is this area the demographic center of Houston or the Houston Metro area? I find this difficult to believe. This certainly does not appear to be from looking at some maps. Perhaps this was inferred from the 2000 Census. I'd be interested to know what the latest Census reveals.

• Like 2