HAIF - Houston's original social media

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Awesome looking tower.    

One of my favorite buildings going up right now.          

Posted Images

this is correct.

Thanks for the confirmation! One of the office management people said that the asking price was $35 million. These buildings are ready to come down- creaky windows, dated interiors, leaky plumbing, a/c that works sometimes and too well on others while the fourth floor tenants sweat it out on Summer days. I'll be glad to pack up and move.

Edited by Hobbes

That's good news.  How about the old strip center between the T&C office buildings and the Sheraton Four Points Hotel (or whatever it is now)?  To me, it's been kinda creepy for awhile, especially after hearing about someone being shot to death during a robbery (or some such) there some years ago.

I'd guess it will go soon if the 3 T&C buildings are done. There's also a small parcel that used to have a bank drive thru on it that was cleared a couple of months ago for office space that wasn't noted on the map posted above (between the Studio Movie Grill and the Alvin Gee next to the strip center.

PhO8BPr.jpg

They so need rail or some kind of trolley street car system in this entire area from Memorial City Mall to beltway 8. They are really missing a great opportunity here.

Completely agree. Should follow Richmond from UT to the Beltway and connect with the Briar Lakes area and continue to Memorial City and work it's way west through the EC. Would be a perfect opportunity to do so.
  • 1 month later...

http://www.bisnow.com/commercial-real-estate/houston/2055-another-full-city-centre-tower/

Laredo Energy leased 12k SF in City Centre 4, bringing the year-old building to 100% occupancy. (Not a square foot to spare.)

Colvill VP Marilyn Guion, who repped landlord Midway with her colleagues Michael Anderson and Connor Saxe, tells us the firm is relocating its HQ into the 120k SF, Class-A building. Cresa's André Granello and Gary Lawless repped the tenant. But Marilyn and team can't rest on its full-building laurels—Midway recently broke ground on CityCentre Five. (It's the Hollywood mentality: as long as you can put butts in seats, keep making sequels.) 

Midway EVP of development Shon Link updated us on CityCentre's office situation. The 450k SF of existing office has only 9k SF available. 200k SF CityCenter Five (825 Town & Country Way) is already 65% pre-leased and is opening Q2. He anticipates making an announcement this fall about what's next after CityCenter Five (psst, it's likely another office development). Shon also tells us leasing velocity has picked up on the retail component—there are serious talks for every vacancy. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

assuming this is cuurent i guess this piece of property was not acquired by midway.... their CityCentre North campus is much more modern and substantially larger. i believe Munoz is the architect.

http://www.munozalbin.com/29-city-center-north.html

Where is this one going? This looks a lot like some of the renderings for Citycentre 5 but that's listed as a seperate project on the Munoz website.

Edited by jgriff

Okey dokey.  

It's kinda between the older buildings and the hotel in scale, a little overwrought in detailing but that's fine with me 'cause I'll rarely see it, so... we could do worse.

That is going to look so out of place. I wish they would have stuck closer to the design of the other buildings in the area.

Oh please, this isn't la tour montparnasse :P.

It is a shame, because most of the buildings are quite contemporary. This building looks like it belongs across the freeway next to that odd office building by spring branch honda.

Edited by Montrose1100
  • Like 1

Yes I'm being very critical because I looked at this and was honestly about to vomit! This is piss poor design at it's finest folks. I could go on and on with critiquing this, but ultimately I just hope that this doesn't get built and whoever designed this uses this first design as a learning experience!

If the designer were to stumble upon my comments I want to expressly state that I critique out of love for architecture. Nothing personal is in this. While I have inserted a couple comments to be sarcastic/humorous it do want to say that nothing I have here is personal and only addresses the skill of this designer.

This was really quick too in Adobe Acrobat. I really should do more of these though lol.

6EBeJJ.jpg

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 8

Try going to an architecture review at a university some time :D They are quiet entertaining. Some critiques are very philosophical, some very technical, some comical. I go for a blend of the three most of the time. One of the most common critiques is the "this WANTS to be this" kind of comment lol. It sounds silly, but when you analyze it the more you begin to sense how things 'should' be, 'want' to be, 'need' to be, etc... Of course it's all about the sensibilities of those critiquing, but some comments are just plain obvious xD

Thanks for the compliment btw :)

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 1

Those aren't decorational pyramids at the top of the garage level; they're homeless spikes! <_<  :P

Nah bro. It's just zombie apocalypse ready. 'Bell tower' perfect for sniping and/or putting a 50 cal. in. The spikes prevent the scaling of the building.

• Like 1

Actually, the architect was going to hang a lantern or two in there. "One if by land, two if by sea."

An update of the Weather Eye that used to be downtown!  That would be a public service - the Katy/West Belt intersection has always been bad about flooding.  Which is what you get when you dig a giant trench across a creek bed.

• Like 2

Often I don't agree with architectural criticism that happens on HAIF. Sometimes people want things that the market just doesn't allow. In this case I completely agree. This building is awful. I hope it looks better in person. 

• 1 month later...

http://www.bisnow.com/commercial-real-estate/houston/2781-pdc-launches-two-major-medical-projects-in-booming-north-houston/

66020_1410391548_TownCentreOneToppedOut-

Town Centre One is topped out, and Moody Rambin managing director Bob Cromwell tells us it's 30% preleased. (He's mum on the details for now.) The 10-story, 250k SF office project broke ground a year ago, and is on track for a January 2015 delivery. Phase 2, a 125k SF office building, is in design now with Kirksey and is planned to break ground in Q2 '15.

• Like 1

CityPoint Tower: 909 Town & Country Blvd. 5-floors of parking and 4-floors of office space.

14743129996_aaac07f8f5_b.jpg

14579503448_a67e894cd6_b.jpg

My gut reaction to this was that the design would be popular with anyone that liked the Civil Courts building downtown.  As Luminaire points out, it is bad on so many levels.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

CITYCENTRE-Towers-1-and-2-Rendering.jpg

Midway Cos. announced Monday a major expansion for its mixed-use CityCentre project that will include two new office towers, a high-rise multifamily building and new shops and restaurants.

Through a partnership with LaSalle Investment Management, Midway is set to begin marketing the office component of a 6.4-acre extension that will bring the northern border of CityCentre to Interstate 1o. The new buildings, which will be leased by Colvill Office Properties, will include a total of 740,000 square feet.

In addition, a residential building, 22,400 square feet of retail space and a one-acre greenspace has been designed for the project.

The new office buildings, CityCentre Towers 1 and 2, will rise 16 stories and include nine levels of parking. Floor plates will average around 26,000 square feet.

A 13-story multifamily building with 270 units is set to include one-, two- and three-bedroom floor plans. The building will have a rooftop amenity deck with a swimming pool.

In a press release, Midway described the project’s new greenspace element and common areas:

Designed to anchor both the office and residential components, exceptional green spaces with two, signature water elements are envisioned to support corporate events, product launches plus customer appreciation and community initiatives.  The park will create a distinctive environment and centerpiece for this section of CITYCENTRE and will be ringed by street-front retail venues and restaurants with expansive patios, which have become a hallmark for the district.

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/2014/09/citycentre-embarks-on-major-expansion/

• Like 5

I think they are going to keep the hotel and this would be behind, replacing the office building(s)

Yes, it has to be replacing the outdated office buildings. I was trying to figure out the orientation of the new rendering. This is exciting news and just further confirms the success of City Centre. 

I wonder what total development costs would be if the full project was all announced at once back in 2009. I remember it initially being listed as a $500 million project however with the recent and upcoming additions this has to be approaching (or even surpassing) $1 billion.

so Midway beat the developers of Memorial City out at getting the first(?) residential high-rise out west? if i were the Memorial City developers i would be clamoring at Novare to come build a SkyHouse Buckhead replica in MC, pronto.

Edited by cloud713

so Midway beat the developers of Memorial City out at getting the first(?) residential high-rise out west? if i were the Memorial City developers i would be clamoring at Novare to come build a SkyHouse Buckhead replica in MC, pronto.

Well remember this is only Midway's proposal so far.  The old office buildings will first need to be vacated and demolished so Midway has not beat anybody just yet.

Well remember this is only Midway's proposal so far.  The old office buildings will first need to be vacated and demolished so Midway has not beat anybody just yet.

true. i guess thats what i was getting at with the second half of the post. get the SkyHouse developers to come out to Memorial City and throw a residential tower up in a matter of months.. try to get ahead of the competition. idk, ive always thought the SkyHouse Buckhead design would go great in Memorial City. its got a V shaped roofline that would blend into the skyline perfectly with some LEDs wrapped around it.

• Like 1

Wow Midway is doing an amazing job with City Centre. They just keep on delivering building after building. The architecture and design looks great,very cohesive. Other developers definitely need to take note, this is how mixed use properties should be done.

According to Business Journal the new buildings will go directly north of the 15 story building it is currently constructing. So it has to be the parcel with the 3 older office buildings surrounded by Town & country Blvd, Town & Country Way, and I-10.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/blog/breaking-ground/2014/09/massive-citycentre-expansion-to-include-new-office.html

• Like 1

I thought Memorial City was getting a Hotel ZaZa with residential and a Whole Foods all in the same building? What ever happened to that?

• Highrise Tower changed the title to Town & Country/City Centre Developments