CityCentre: Mixed-Use Development At 800 Town And Country Blvd.

Parrothead

We walked around where we could this weekend and I'm really impressed. I really don't like most of these Town Market Centers because they're attempting to "be" or imitate something. CityCentre isn't trying to be a movie set or a street from a bi-gone era, it's what it is; and open air urban shopping district.

I'm not a huge shopper so I doubt I will park and walk it often, but it does have a few things I will visit a couple times a year. Not hugely impressed with some of the restaurant choices, most are upscale chain. Anyway, I think they did a great job for the Memorial Area. I don't think residents would have bought into the 1950's movie set look, so this was a good choice.

Does anyone know how the lofts and apartments are doing in pre-renting or sales?

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how the lofts and apartments are doing in pre-renting or sales?

The Domain was having an open house when we drove through the place this weekend. Not sure about the lofts, though. And what I'm really curious about is whether or not those super-expensive "brownstones" are ever going to sell.

On a related note, RA Sushi looks like it's almost ready to open. Had the patio furniture out and everything. I love their corner location, overlooking the main square and the fountains; great little perch up there, even if the food is moo.

We had dinner at RA tonight. They've got a great happy hour menu and pretty good sushi.

It looks like they're having an open house for the apartments/lofts. I don't think the brownstones are moving quickly... it seems the consensus is that they're a bit (or a lot) pricey. Maybe they'll be more appealing after the city centre project is closer to being completed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We ate at Ra a couple of weeks ago, right after they opened and plan on going again this week for happy hour. They've done a nice job and are building a huge patio out back. The area in front of the Hotel Sorella looks nice, too!

We ate at Pronto in City Centre and found it very good, a nice reasonably priced place. Also Studio Movie Grill here is very good. Cant wait for Brio and others to complete and open. The Fire and Water landscape in front of the new hotel Sorella I believe is very nice also. This area is going to be awesome if it can deliver on its plan concepts in this tough market.

They need to update their website... Anthropologie is about to open... Had I not gone to the "centre" I would not know of this. Yes, that makes three for the Houston area!

We ate at Pronto in City Centre and found it very good, a nice reasonably priced place. Also Studio Movie Grill here is very good. Cant wait for Brio and others to complete and open. The Fire and Water landscape in front of the new hotel Sorella I believe is very nice also. This area is going to be awesome if it can deliver on its plan concepts in this tough market.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They had a band playing on the plaza on Thursday night... quite a few people came out to hang out on the lawn. Mona Lisa set up a cash bar out there so you could buy beer, mixed drinks or wine. Straits was open and Yard House was still in the works. They're doing a really nice job there.

They had a band playing on the plaza on Thursday night... quite a few people came out to hang out on the lawn. Mona Lisa set up a cash bar out there so you could buy beer, mixed drinks or wine. Straits was open and Yard House was still in the works. They're doing a really nice job there.

I drove by on Thursday night because I thought I heard music and lo and behold... Live band! I was pleasantly shocked to see so many people strolling around and sitting on/around the lawn. Can't wait to see the crowds when the development is finished. I really am surprised at how well they're pulling this all off so far...

I drove by on Thursday night because I thought I heard music and lo and behold... Live band! I was pleasantly shocked to see so many people strolling around and sitting on/around the lawn. Can't wait to see the crowds when the development is finished. I really am surprised at how well they're pulling this all off so far...

Sounds like it will fill out nicely during the holidays.

• 2 weeks later...

Ra Sushi has been open for a while

Hotel Sorella and the Mona Lisa lounge are open

Eddie V's opened last night

Anthropologie is now open

Straits looks almost done

Yard House is getting there

Bailey Banks and Biddle looked almost done

Bit by bit...

Drove through City Centre for the first time today - very nice area - still some construction going on but overall looked really nice....

Eating at Ra this Friday so I thought I should figure out where it is when there is no traffic and I could drive like a grandpa !!

Bailey Banks and Biddle is shutting their doors already....

Drove through City Centre for the first time today - very nice area - still some construction going on but overall looked really nice....

Eating at Ra this Friday so I thought I should figure out where it is when there is no traffic and I could drive like a grandpa !!

Bailey Banks and Biddle is shutting their doors already....

FWIW, the closure of BB&B has nothing to do with City Centre. They are closing most, if not all, of their stores. Including the one in the Houston Galleria.

Went to happy hour at RA Friday then strolled around the grounds. Its very nice. I think come this time next year it will really be something to see, with all the shops open for business.

Oh, parking was a bear - but we got lucky and caught a parallel spot right in front of RA!

My wife and I had dinner at Bistro Alex Saturday night. I had the Osso Bucco and it was the best I've had. The Hotel's bar and lounge area around the pool was packed. Our waitress took us into the yet-to-open Cafe Rose. It's got a coffee menu similar to Starbucks but serving all Illy coffee.