CityCentre: Mixed-Use Development At 800 Town And Country Blvd.

Parrothead

Eh...The townhomes or brownstone things look cheap and unoriginal if you ask me...

Does anybody else think they are asking too much $$$ for these?

http://www.thebrownstonesatcitycentre.com/plans.html

I mean, it's the suburbs, next to a giant freeway interchange. I guess they have a lot of square footage? Am I missing something?

Does anybody else think they are asking too much $$$ for these?

http://www.thebrownstonesatcitycentre.com/plans.html

I mean, it's the suburbs, next to a giant freeway interchange. I guess they have a lot of square footage? Am I missing something?

I've always felt that way: Room with a View

They're insane for asking that much for those townhomes. In. Sane.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Went to studio movie grill this weekend. Very nice, I would say it is dead even with Alamo Drafthouse.

Pros:

Much better screen/sound (digital)

Arguably Better Food (opinion only)

Full Bar

Cleaner

More Screens

Better Tables

Cons:

Less Character

Less Beer

Squeaky Rolling Seats

My wife, friends and I went for a walk around. It is simply amazing in there, doesn't feel like Houston. You can't hear the freeway and you can't see anything but City Center when in City Center. I must say, when the beer bar, wine bar, sushi, etc open this little spot will have it all.

Color me very impressed. I have been all over the world and the beauty we see here will translate into generational beauty which is rare in this city.

Edited by SpringShadows

I don't see where it's been discussed in this thread, but Alex Brennan-Martin (of Brennan's) is opening two new restaurants in CityCentre: Cafe Rose and Bistro Alex. Both will be in the Hotel Sorella and both are -- to me, at least -- exciting because they're aren't chains. :D

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/eating/2009/...g_and_fancy.php

Cafe Rose will be a more low-key place but will have house-cured meats, fancy cheeses, wines, etc. Bistro Alex will be more on par with Brennan's, but apparently will be very modern. Exciting! :)

I drove by it from Beltway 8 and had to be really looking for it. I could barely see buildings going up and could see the "CITY CENTRE" sign, but it's kind of clear now why Town & Country Mall failed...

EDIT:

Question: When this thing is complete, will there be a stoplight at Town & Country Blvd. and Town & Country Way instead of the curve there is now?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source...653225806451612

Edited by IronTiger

Are there plans to convert Town And Country Village into City Centre?

What? No! See, what happened is there was this outdoor shopping district called Town & Country Village. Then in the early 1980s, they built an enclosed mall called Town & Country Mall to the north of it. The Mall and the Village co-existed. Then the Mall went downhill and was demolished (in what, 2005?). The Mall is being rebuilt as "CityCentre", not affliated with the nearby Village.

• 2 weeks later...

We went during the weekend, but it was packed! Pretty much all the movies were sold out pretty early so we had to come back during the week.

It was pretty nice. Service time wasn't too bad and the food was pretty good. I liked it.

I paid SMG a visit last week, and I must say it was very nice. Saw Fast and Furious. The food was delicious... like really good, far exceeding my expectation. My friends got half drunk during the movie, for that reason the drive home was quite entertaining also with them yelling things that make little sense from the backseat.

The picture and sound quality was near perfect, but should be for a new theater. The way the whole setup works was well thought out and very efficient.

This place is going to make so much money as word of it spreads. I usually like to keep dinner and a movie separate, makes the evening last longer and seem fuller, but from time to time this combination is fun to visit, and visit it I shall.

Went to the new Fleming's steakhouse tonight for the first time (first time in any Fleming's, for that matter). I was pleasantly surprised. Steak isn't normally something I pay for in a restaurant -- I'd rather make them myself at home -- but this was exactly how I'd cook a steak, only with far better side dishes. :lol:

Very nice interior, typical steakhouse ambiance and design but slightly more upscale, great wine selection, good food. Makes a very welcome change from Taste of Texas up the road.