Mister Car Wash & Mister Express Lube At 3130-3150 Kirby Dr.

I usually go to the Bubbles Car Wash on Westheimer Galleria area. But the last time they didn't do such a great job and wanted input of other locations, maybe some opinions on Mister Car Wash and which locations others go to. Or any other full service car wash places. Thanks.

• Like 1

Try doing it yourself if you've got the room and time. A lot of the car wash soaps are harsh and deteriorate your paint, the rags they use to dry the cars off leave swirlmarks and webbing on the clearcoat, and other things. If you have a few hours one saturday morning and the right materials, you can do a job that will beat the automatic car wash.

Try doing it yourself if you've got the room and time. A lot of the car wash soaps are harsh and deteriorate your paint, the rags they use to dry the cars off leave swirlmarks and webbing on the clearcoat, and other things. If you have a few hours one saturday morning and the right materials, you can do a job that will beat the automatic car wash.

Ok, I'll admit, I'm a lazy mofo. But you have a point on the swirlmarks, I hate it when the sun shines on my car and I can see those swirlmarks.

90% of the time I do it myself simply because the automatic systems miss so many places and tend to throw dirt from one vehicle to the next. However, when I do get it done, I use Mister Car Wash on Kirby (like, it seems, half the inner loop population). In theory, Bubbles hand washing should be more effective, but in my experience they use filthy mitts and the employees don't really pay attention to what they are doing, completing negating any hand-washing benefit.

I usually go to the Bubbles Car Wash on Westheimer Galleria area. But the last time they didn't do such a great job and wanted input of other locations, maybe some opinions on Mister Car Wash and which locations others go to. Or any other full service car wash places. Thanks.

I go to da crackheads on Scott and Southmore.

They want a rock so bad you can charge em' whatever you want and they'll leave your slab lookin' like a mirror.

tyrone.jpg

LOL

Seriously though, Bubbles used to be good, now even there really expensive, basic wash is bad. I go to the Mr. Car Wash on Voss. They seem to do a better job, basic wash is less and there is a Monday special that takes 10 dollars of the Red Carpet Wash. Its like a mini-detail. For$19 a month you can go through the Express Wash as much as you want. I just get so much brake dust that I have to do the wheels all the time, so that wash doesn't work for me.

My question is why none of these places will clean out the cup holders?

PS- Hubby used to take the cars to the hand detail place on Richmond, east of Hillcroft.

Edited by KatieDidIt

I forget which one I went too, right on 59 near the village. It was a gift, so I tried them out. Soap was still on the back of the car when it came through the washer... they simply dried it off.

I said, h*&l no and made them wash it correctly.

That was the first and last time I used either of those "premier" wash services.

The $4 automatic wash down the street does a better job!

But 9 times out of 10, I just wash both of the cars myself. It really doesnt take very long. Maybe 45 minutes each.

Both have become poor excuses, especially for the price. It almost seems that they intentionally give you a crummy $13 wash, just so that they can talk you into a more expensive service.

I have found that the quick wash on Washington (I think it is Bubbles) does as good a job as the hand washers. But, like others say, when I am not lazy, it is best done in the driveway. Cheaper too.

I have a membership card to the one in Champions (Fm 1960) and I have been to numerous ones around the city. I think they do a great job each time and the staff is always friendly and responsive if something is not right.

I always get the regular car washes and not the detailing.

I have a membership card to the one in Champions (Fm 1960) and I have been to numerous ones around the city. I think they do a great job each time and the staff is always friendly and responsive if something is not right.

You forgot to mention that you work for the company. :rolleyes:

j/k

I guess it comes down to whether or not the customer is particular. I am too picky with my car and notice everything from the remaining grime below the bumper to the brake dust still inside the wheels. If I didn't care, or I had a car that was exceptionally easy to wash (I recall the last gen Honda Accord winning some 'easiest car to wash' award), then I think I would use them more often. I suppose my honeycomb grill and 18" wheels just aren't made for an automated system.

Plus, from the business side, they are around to make money. So they use just enough water to barely rinse off the car, and employ people who most certainly are not making a career out of washing a car. That is completely understandable, but it does have an impact on quality.

The funny thing is, when I was in high school, I actually WANTED to work at my local Wash Tub in Alamo Heights. I thought it would be cool to wash fancy cars all day. Sadly I ended up mowing lawns during the summer. :rolleyes:

I have a Honda Civic so maybe it is easier to wash, but even at the regular rate they tend to get the dirt inside the doors and do a pretty good job with the cleaning the interior and glass.

My car is usually so filthy when I get it washed ANYTHING is better than what is was.

I guess if I had a high end car or a car I prized more than Point A-->Point B vehicle, I would be more interested, but my car serves a purpose just like a calculator.

I am super picky when it comes to my car wash places. I gave up on interior cleanings all together (I do a thousand times better with my old vacuum, Armor-All wipes and some Windex) so the places I go to must have exterior-wash only choices.

Mister Car Wash on Voss was hit or miss with me. I've taken both our PT and our Town & Country through it (we joined the membership thing briefly) but more than half the times I took the cars through, there would still be dirt on the bumpers or bird droppings on the roof, whatever. I liked the Mister Car Wash (Signature?) on Kirby for awhile until the 4th time when the grill on the front of the PT was obviously not getting cleaned at all. I dunno, I think Houston's drive-thru car washes are generally all pretty shoddy. I really miss Mike's Car Wash (exterior only - they give you a super-absorbant paper towel and some coin operated vacuums at the back of the wash.) They would ALWAYS get the salt and street-snow-grime off every square inch of the van.

There's a little hand wash place that opened up not too long ago on Washington near Heights. I was pleased with the job they did on my vehicle. Very thorough, and the owner/manager was out there looking over all the cars to make sure the cars were actually clean.

• The title was changed to Mister Car Wash & Mister Express Lube At 3130-3150 Kirby Dr.