Old Smokey Bones

jimcas

• 1 month later...

That place is just far enough from the rest of the stuff to get less traffic. Smokey Bones was good but no one went. I can't see a Japaneese restaurant lasting there either unless it is another HB but they have two just up 1960. I have heard rumors that it might turn into a Red Lobster since there aren't any near there. I dunno. We shall see...

The Fox and Hound is nice. They didn't do too much renovating so it looks pretty much like Champps did on the inside. A ton of flat panels and projection screens. Great place to watch the game. The drinks are a little pricey though...

• 2 months later...

It looks like this is the Japanese restaurant the old smokey bones is turning into.

If you click on the houston locations part of their website, it shows the old Smokey Bones address on Greens Road.

Looks like All you can eat sushi or something...

http://tokyo-one.com/index.html

PS - here is a review of the Dallas location.

http://www.guidelive.com/portal/page?_page...mp;item_id=4592

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I went to Smokey Bones a few times and it was soooo good. I was sad to see they had closed it. Just in that area there are a number of Japanese/Chinese resturants. Swore off King Palace after getting extremely sick 2 yrs ago.

I stopped by on Friday, and they have just begun the first stages of work on the building. Plan is still for Tokyo One.

• 3 weeks later...
I went to Smokey Bones a few times and it was soooo good. I was sad to see they had closed it. Just in that area there are a number of Japanese/Chinese resturants. Swore off King Palace after getting extremely sick 2 yrs ago.

Boiled, Chicago styled BBQ? No, it wasn't good,...hence...its gone. Don't come to Texas and tell Texans what BBQ is about. Mega-Fail. My brother was ultrahyped that SB was coming here, after his living in Fla for 7 yrs. He ate at the Bones there weekly, and raved about its greatness. We went to the Willowbrook locale after giving it 45 days to season the pans, and boy was he dissappointed. His comment was that the Tx version wasnt as good as Fla. My comment was that he had tasted real BBQ and the others were just bad imitations. He then concurred.

I remeber King when he was a little more north on 249 and really good...then the buffet monster took over and I have not gone back...I feel for you on the sick part.

Boiled, Chicago styled BBQ?

I don't think Chicago has a BBQ style. You may be thinking of Kansas City, Cincinnati, Kentucky, or North Carolina which all have BBQ variations involving boiling.

I think Memphis has some boiling, too.

Archived