New Water Main To Be Installed On Cypresswood

tcklme

Are you aware of the impending MAJOR water main construction on Cypresswood between Ella and Enchanted Oaks?? The North Harris County Regional Water Authority website shows Project 14A on their map (http://www.regionalwaterauthority.com/maps/2010_system/Authority-2010_System.pdf) that will lay 16" and 30" water mains along Cypresswood.

I wonder if it will be in resident's front yards, or will they tear up the road? And what about the gorgeous landscaping/trees that are along Cypresswood Drive? Anyone know anymore?

:huh:

Well, they usually like to put them along street routes when they can, it's easier to maintain on short notice, so I would imagine that people in that area are going to be in a rough time.

It's grueling difficult work, so it will definitely take awhile and considerable patience is going to be required in that area. What's more important to the residents in that area is that flooding won't be as much of an issue.

A little inconvenience vs. cars and homes not flooding is an easy trade off, in my opinion.

Ricco, it is a water main, not a storm drain. It will not impact flood control at all.

That entire stretch of road has a wide median. As long as the plan is to put the main in the median, it should not affect residents too much. A year or so ago, the City replaced the water main on Heights Boulevard, and it rarely had any impact. They dig down every block or so, and punch the line through. If it is done this way, it should not be bad.

Archived