Awful Traffic On I-45 Feeder Near Cypresswood/Louetta

tcklme

As a resident of Spring/Woodlands area since 1979, I'm very concerned about and very annoyed by the awful traffic situation we've got in our area. We moved off of 1960/Ella back in 2002 to get away from that gawd-awful traffic, only to now experience the same at Cypresswood/Louetta @ 45. My biggest complaint is the speed in which people drive!! At nearly any time of the day, it's nearly impossible to pull out into traffice from the WalMart center on I-45 feeder. What are the powers that be thinking to post a speed limit of 50mph through there? Can a community complain enough, and/or go through a process that could get a speed limit reduced? I have never seen a police car ever give out any tickets, and/or sit and record the speed through that very dangerous stretch of roadway. There are so many times that a posted speed is way too high, or a road design is totally messed up and so poorly thought out ... I wonder who in the hell are they paying to do these jobs? Call me, I'll do a much better job for much less money!!

B)

I know what you mean. I often hit the Chik-Fil-A up that way and it is dangerous even turning IN. I have noticed that people exiting I45 are really going fast and they often are in the farthest right lanes coming up from Cypresswood. Turning out is a nightmare as well.

I honestly do not know what the answer is, but something should be done.

BTW, I live off Ella/1960 --Ella Crossing-- and love it. It is quiet (with the exception of the airplanes at times) and kinda remote feeling.

There is essentially nothing you can do to reduce speeds on a major arterial roadway. Drivers will drive at the speed at which they feel comfortable, which is generally the design speed of the roadway. The speed limit should be set based on the 85th percentile speed in a non-peak period. Numerous studies have shown that reducing the speed limit will not reduce speeds on the roadway and even vigorous enforcement only reduces average speeds by 1-2 mph.

• The title was changed to Awful Traffic On I-45 Feeder Near Cypresswood/Louetta

Archived