Hello All

kingwilliam

I am a San Antonio poster, who used to live in Houston for a short time a few years back, who would just like to say hello. I also would like to say I added some posts in the San Antonio section so please give it a quick scan.

Will do ... I do not know a whole lot about San Antonio, so I will definitely check out that section.

• 3 weeks later...
I am supposed to go there this weekend. Westin on Riverwalk.

I heard there are good, fun venues next to the Alamodome? Please confirm...breaker...breaker.... :lol:

You want specifically by the Alamodome? Sunset Station is lame, unless there's a band playing you really want to see. the Depot sports bar, right across the street from the dome, is happening on game days.

Or do you mean downtown generally, within walking distance of the Westin?

Sunset Station at night is cool, there's also a Ruth's Chris at Sunset Station as well as other various bars and restaurants.

Yes, why do you ask?

I was just wondering if in a city that is over half Hispanic, would the people want to go to a chain restaurant that they say doesn't serve "true" Mexican food?

I was just wondering if in a city that is over half Hispanic, would the people want to go to a chain restaurant that they say doesn't serve "true" Mexican food?

Well, considering LA, Miami and Houston all have Taco Bells, I don't think it matters what they serve, people will eat it. Also, I think it's a bit illiberal of you to make that comment. First, the word "they", whatdafux? Second, because a person is listed as Hispanic they only eat true Mexican food? It'd be like asking if New Orleans has any Popeyes because you'd want to know if people would want to go to a chain restaurant doesn't serve true southern food.

It's a shame no one else on Haif was on the San Antonio River Walk this past weekend. Photos would have been a great addition.

Walked around Saturday night and that place was alive! I never realized how much the place has been built up since last time I passed by. The river boat rides had huge lines for people to ride in the Christmas decorated boats. The horse drawn carriages were decorated and seemed like everywhere we looked there were trees with lights up to 2 stories high! There were carolers everywhere. Hundreds of restaurants and bars.

This place is going on!

It ranked 3rd destination spot for tourists in the US. Unbeleivable. Houston needs to get with the program big time! :D

hi i am new to this forum and am also a resident of san antonio and i would just like to say that i feel very welcomed into this forum, i am happy with all of the positive responses that have been posted. As both cities (san antonio & houston) are major cities in texas i must admit i was afraid that there would be negative feedback from either cities but im pretty sure almost all responses from both houstonites and san antonians have been both posostive and helpfull!! san antonio and Houston imo are both similar yet still very different cities i enjoy both (although i have only enjoyed Houston as a visitor due to the fact i dont live there) in all actuality i believe there are things that san antonio can learn from houston. I think its amazing that the fourth largest city in the united states is only a 3 hr drive away!! all in all i just wanted to say thank you for being so kind and helpfull!

hi i am new to this forum and am also a resident of san antonio and i would just like to say that i feel very welcomed into this forum, i am happy with all of the positive responses that have been posted. As both cities (san antonio & houston) are major cities in texas i must admit i was afraid that there would be negative feedback from either cities but im pretty sure almost all responses from both houstonites and san antonians have been both posostive and helpfull!! san antonio and Houston imo are both similar yet still very different cities i enjoy both (although i have only enjoyed Houston as a visitor due to the fact i dont live there) in all actuality i believe there are things that san antonio can learn from houston. I think its amazing that the fourth largest city in the united states is only a 3 hr drive away!! all in all i just wanted to say thank you for being so kind and helpfull!

You'll find us most diplomatic. We need all the allies we can get to wage the war on Dallas. ;)

It's the state of Texas the way I see it. We should all work as one. Be sure to say Hi when in town. It would be fantastic to have a meet from all cities in Texas. Inclusion. :)

I have a special attraction to San Antonio. My grandfather was born there, actually south of there were Bexar, Wilson and Atascotia counties meet. It was a small farming town named Loire. All that's left there is the cemetery now. Several of his brothers stayed in San Antonio, while my grandfather followed two other brothers and two sisters to Houston in 1919. I've got a whole slew of relatives over there now. It's actually kind of weird when we see each other, how we all resemble each other, talk the same, even naming our kids with similar names. Kind of like a parrallel universe, Texas Style!

Archived