The Mist Comes To Houston

PuroAztlan

Anybody else drive through it this morning?

It was pretty bad on 290 outside of FM 1960 at 5:30 this morning, but after that it gradually got better.

Inside the Beltway was clear.

Outside my office on Woodway, it's pretty foggy.

Vertigo58:

Sleep in weather for sure but most of us are stuck at work. Rats!

I should call a radio station and have them play "Misty" for me.

Ha ha! I saw that movie for the first time several months ago. I'm sure radio stations got that a lot back then.

Misty or not, the weather these past couple of days were a nice welcome after that cold and dreary Thanksgiving week. The weather currently has that late, late Houston winter feel. It makes me feel energetic and physically great.

Should I go into the tunnels around feeding time and start shouting "HAIF! HAIF!" ;)

That would be frightful!

Probably have several come at you with an upraised knife!

There are some sprinkled out in Westchase District as well. :)

I mean nice/sensible ones!

An 18 wheeler lost its load on 610! The Mist took it!
I promise this isn't trolling and yes it is off topic, but...I would presume that you are hispanic, most likely Mexican by your user name. Why is it so popular in the Mexican culture to claim ties to Aztecs and Aztlan?
Buh-bye fog. What a lame day to be at work. This place is dead.
You should warn a fella before he clicks on these pics.I got dizzy right after the first one loaded. lol

i left the house around 5:55AM this particular mornin' and found the hardy toll road a strange and different place. not the speeds mind you, everyone still drives over 70 mph. the uber tall street lamps were invisible three or four ahead. they slowly faded into existence the closer i came to them (at 70 plus mph) and faded out in my rear view mirror. the light on the road before me was dimmed. the white/charcoal grey of the misty night was somewhat bizarre. just about the time i settled in to this unusual environment, i found my self turning east on the east loop. it was getting lighter from that direction and a pale blue aura enveloped the earlier fade of grey. i could look out into the neighborhoods off of the freeway and the fog looked freakin' blue! it was amazing and beautiful. by the time i arrived at 146 (headed towards league city via kemah/seabrook) the fog became a thick, bright white soup. this was a different animal altogether. all in all, it was dangerous, mysterious, beautiful. for a bit, i forgot how tired i was and how freakin early i was out in the world.

It was really bad in the Northern edge of the city. Even with lights on, visibility was really low.Pretty frightening.Speaking of fog and mist ... has anyone seen that movie yet? Any good?

I haven't seen the movie, but the book was one of my favorites as a kid. I don't like the horror genre anymore, but the trailers look EXACTLY like what I had pictured in my head when i read the book, so I might see it anyway.

i left the house around 5:55AM this particular mornin' and found the hardy toll road a strange and different place. not the speeds mind you, everyone still drives over 70 mph. the uber tall street lamps were invisible three or four ahead. they slowly faded into existence the closer i came to them (at 70 plus mph) and faded out in my rear view mirror. the light on the road before me was dimmed. the white/charcoal grey of the misty night was somewhat bizarre. just about the time i settled in to this unusual environment, i found my self turning east on the east loop. it was getting lighter from that direction and a pale blue aura enveloped the earlier fade of grey. i could look out into the neighborhoods off of the freeway and the fog looked freakin' blue! it was amazing and beautiful. by the time i arrived at 146 (headed towards league city via kemah/seabrook) the fog became a thick, bright white soup. this was a different animal altogether. all in all, it was dangerous, mysterious, beautiful. for a bit, i forgot how tired i was and how freakin early i was out in the world.

I was on the upper deck of the Bolivar Ferry around noon, and there was still a bit of mist along the surface of the water. Not enough to be perceptible until a few miles away. In the distance, a container ship leaving port emerged and looked as though it were sailing not upon water, but upon a cloud. Wish I'd had the sense to run down to my car and get a camera.

The Mist was excellent. I saw it last night. It's 2 hours and 10 minutes long, and it flys by. My heart was pounding. Marcia Gay Hardin should get another Oscar. The ending is different than in the book, but Stephen King said the movie's ending is better.

It might be on my holiday vacation movie going schedule then. I trust your opinion.

Archived