Property Prices In Pearland

sarahiki

We have been looking at houses in Pearland in the 180-200K range. There are some really nice places. I'm wondering, have prices there actually dropped? I feel like I didn't see so much for so little when we were looking a few years ago. Is this the subprime effect?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations regarding Silverlake vs. SCR, or other areas to consider? We would like a place that's a few years old, with more mature trees.

Thanks for any advice!!

If you are ready to buy existing homes, even brand new inventory homes, you will find alot of deals out there right now. And not just in Pearland. It's a buyer's market right now, so enjoy!

I'm not familiar with the more-mature subdivisions in Pearland, I've been looking only in the newer ones, so I'll let others answer your other question. Happy Hunting! ^_^

Depends on what your looking for. I personally like all the amenities offered on the newer west side of Pearland but would not consider living there for anything. I live in east Pearland and can drive across town to enjoy the shopping and dining but return to the relative calm of my neighborhood afterwards. There are areas off of Dixie Farm Road that offer houses in your price range with mature trees and good access to all the amenities Pearland has to offer but without the rapid growth. The other benifit of living in east Pearland is more options for getting out of Pearland to go to work every day. We have easy access to IH 45 and the Beltway and are not forced to use 288.

We have lived in Pearland since 94 and love it. There seem to be quite a few houses available and given everything going on in the mortgage industry today I am sure there are some good deals to be had. I did read the Fannie Mae has just declared the Houston market as distressed so that means mortgage lenders are having to look harder at making new loans so that will decrease the number of available buyers.

Should you want help looking for a home I would recommend two realators. They both work for Remax that is located on the Northeast corner of 288 and Beltway 8. One is Teresa Riddle and the other is Kathy Warfield. They are both very good and both grew up in Pearland and know the market extremly well. They also have the advantage of having seen Pearland go from a population of less than 10,000 to its current level of over 85,000 plus the unincorporated areas. They know a lot of the history which can count for a lot when looking to buy pre owned homes rather than new inventory.

We have been looking at houses in Pearland in the 180-200K range. There are some really nice places. I'm wondering, have prices there actually dropped? I feel like I didn't see so much for so little when we were looking a few years ago. Is this the subprime effect?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations regarding Silverlake vs. SCR, or other areas to consider? We would like a place that's a few years old, with more mature trees.

Thanks for any advice!!

The bigger price drops can be seen in new construction homes. The resales have been doing OK, although it takes a little longer to for the homes to sell. A desperate seller may drop their price faster in order to get their home sold.

You won't find mature trees here in SCR. Silverlake has more mature trees, but it's not a forest by any stretch of the imagination. West Oaks has more trees, but its farther east and the homes can date back to the 90's, which may be older than you are looking for.

The bigger price drops can be seen in new construction homes. The resales have been doing OK, although it takes a little longer to for the homes to sell. A desperate seller may drop their price faster in order to get their home sold.

You won't find mature trees here in SCR. Silverlake has more mature trees, but it's not a forest by any stretch of the imagination. West Oaks has more trees, but its farther east and the homes can date back to the 90's, which may be older than you are looking for.

I've noticed pretty big price drops in some existing "non-hot" areas as well - like Sunrise Lakes.

As for trees, there aren't many in any of the master-planned communities of Pearland - they're just too new. Silverlake does get you some trees.

West Oaks does have homes that are older than 10 years, but it's a good place to be if you have kids (schools nearby, built around Dad's club fields.) I have a friend in West Oaks and he and his family love it.

All of this talk of Pearland gets me itching to move... I need a bigger place in 2008, but my wife doesn't know how to stop spending the money.

Thanks for the information everyone... very helpful. I'm interested in learning whatever I can about various Pearland communities & schools, so I welcome any and all opinions. :)

I've noticed pretty big price drops in some existing "non-hot" areas as well - like Sunrise Lakes.

As for trees, there aren't many in any of the master-planned communities of Pearland - they're just too new. Silverlake does get you some trees.

West Oaks does have homes that are older than 10 years, but it's a good place to be if you have kids (schools nearby, built around Dad's club fields.) I have a friend in West Oaks and he and his family love it.

All of this talk of Pearland gets me itching to move... I need a bigger place in 2008, but my wife doesn't know how to stop spending the money.

• The title was changed to Property Prices In Pearland

Archived