Candelari's Pizza

cnote

Should be opening in Q1 08. It is in the Newquest development on the North side of 290 between Skinner and Spring-Cypress, around McAllister's and BW3's. I have been to the Heights location and they have excellent deep dish pizza, wonderful sausages, and cold beer!

There is a location in Katy that I assume will be much like the Cypress location. Has anyone been there? Is it similar to the one in the Heights as far as quality and menu goes?

Good to have some deep dish options on this side of town!

I ate a lot of double dave's in college in Austin. There was one on the bottom floor of my girlfriends dorm we would eat at a lot. They had pretty cheap beer and pizza which was enough to pack 'em in. Both these are welcome alternatives to the usual pizza joints.

I went online to the menu of the Katy location and it looks like it is the same as the Heights location. The specialty sausages are awesome, I can't wait.

I have only had their Chicago style deep dish which I thought was excellent with their "world famous" Italian Sausage or the smoked turkey jalapeno sausage. I have been looking for a good deep dish pizza in Houston ever since Uno's left and Candelari's fits the bill for me.

• 6 months later...

Candeleri's is definately better than Russo's New York Pizzeria. At least they have better service and better pizza. NYP has slim ingredients and they charge such a high price for every thing on their menu. I tried several NYP in Houston and have all had bad experiences with soggy pizza and bad service. My loyalty is with Candeleri's, Star Pizza and Double Dave

• 3 weeks later...
We live fairly close to Candelaris and go there regularly, but I still prefer Romanos. Romanos is great pizza!

Is that the Romanos on Barker Cypress, just S of 290?

We really like EJ's a lot--- right next to Randall's, just outside Coles Crossing.

Pretty sure Romanos only has 2 locations, W. Gray and Memorial @ Dairy Ashford. We were there last night in fact. I asked Vinnie the Owner about the coal oven thing, and he sort of sneered and something about how that's old-style burnt crap from Brooklyn ?? I think he is from Queens. I would like to try the crispy coal pizza, though.

Love those guys. Even the son is surly.

We really like EJ's a lot--- right next to Randall's, just outside Coles Crossing.

The Romano's I go to is onWest Gray. We've been going htere for 10 years, and the pizza is still great.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived