Where Can I Get A Picture Frame?

GREASER

I have finally decided to put up some pics...I have alot of art, but no frames..I want something nice..not sure that includes ikea. Target didnt have anything. Looking to keep it under 100. for largest (30x20. Please tell me where to go.

I have finally decided to put up some pics...I have alot of art, but no frames..I want something nice..not sure that includes ikea. Target didnt have anything. Looking to keep it under 100. for largest (30x20. Please tell me where to go.

framing is expensive. get the coupons from the paper and go to michaels. many times you can get em at 50 % off, even if you have to go custom.

Yeah, frames are waaaaay expensive.

I've had good luck with garage sales. People will sell their old art and even mirrors for $5 or $10 just to get rid of them. They may think the art is passe, but with a coat of spray paint the frames are worth more than you pay.

You might try Hobby Lobby or Michael's - they have ready-made frames and frequent weekly specials. Also, Warehouse Frames & Gallery on Fondren near Westpark.

I used to work at a framing store many moons ago and enjoyed a nice employee discount as I framed my own pictures. When I left, the cold reality of the cost of framing hit. Here is what I would recommend:

1) As mentioned before by Dan, go for the Texas Junk route. If your artwork is a standard size, then you shouldn't have a problem. If it is not to your liking as is, paint it. No secret there. If you need a custom size, then your pricing starts to go up.

2) You didn't specify if you wanted glass and/or matting. Glass is easy and cheap. Go to Michaels or a similar store and specify your size. They can cut to order, and if you need non-glare glass or something fancier (UV-protected, etc.) it is reasonable. Matting can be cut to order as well. For your size, it may be $30. Build and assembly the frame yourself. Most of these places sell kits that provide the wall anchor, clips to lock the picture in, etc.

2) You didn't specify if you wanted glass and/or matting. Glass is easy and cheap. Go to Michaels or a similar store and specify your size. They can cut to order, and if you need non-glare glass or something fancier (UV-protected, etc.) it is reasonable.

Also, consider Bobbit Glass Co. on West Gray. They have good prices and cut to order.

Archived